Windows 10: upgrading to Windows 10 soon! advice? thoughts?

Discus and support upgrading to Windows 10 soon! advice? thoughts? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my Stimulus check finally came in so I decided to upgrade my PC... new Motherboard, RAM, CPU, and a NVMe stick..! Here is my shopping/wish list...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Melchior, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Melchior Win User

upgrading to Windows 10 soon! advice? thoughts?

So my Stimulus check finally came in so I decided to upgrade my PC...
    new Motherboard, RAM, CPU, and a NVMe stick..!
    Here is my shopping/wish list... from Amazon .com
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/w...1GDT6VL00S3H7/

And that means upgrading to a fresh install of Windows 10 from Windows 7 (Win7 FOREVER!! lol *Wink upgrading to Windows 10 soon! advice? thoughts? :p )
    reinstalling everything and copying all my files over to the NVMe stick.....

is my post even in the right sub-forum?

:)

Melchior, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. upgrading to Windows 10 soon! advice? thoughts? - Similar Threads - upgrading soon advice

2. Upgrade Soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Soon: Windows TypeTaskbarLeftsideRightSideWidgetSettingScreenWin 10Simple Option For Change BehaviourCan Add Left Side For Use App use in season or zone or peopleadd one popup in right for add new thingsWidget Must Added Use Data Must not only in admin tools can change thatsetting...
  3. Upgrade Soon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Soon: Windows TypeTaskbarLeftsideRightSideWidgetSettingScreenWin 10Simple Option For Change BehaviourCan Add Left Side For Use App use in season or zone or peopleadd one popup in right for add new thingsWidget Must Added Use Data Must not only in admin tools can change thatsetting...
  4. Windows Upgrade advice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade advice: Hello to all windows community members,This is Kushal from Republic of India, and willing to upgrade to latest windows version 20H2 or 21H1 and if possible to Windows 11I have dell latitude e7440 which is having following specifications.Processor :- Intel core i7 4600U 4th...
  5. Looking for Windows 10 upgrade advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for Windows 10 upgrade advice: Hi there, I currently have a personal laptop running Windows 10 Home, I would like to upgrade this to Windows 10 Pro, I have been looking at education licences (Available for free via my university) I am mainly wondering about the differences between Pro and Education...
  6. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro - I thought!

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro - I thought!: After months battling with buggy Windows 10 Home updates, today, I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. Unfortunately, the upgrade had error codes so i called Microsoft support. After spending over an hour + where I agreed to have the tech remotely access my computer and download an...
  7. upgrading to Windows 10 soon! advice? thoughts?

upgrading to Windows 10 soon! advice? thoughts?: So my Stimulus check finally came in so I decided to upgrade my PC... new Motherboard, RAM, CPU, and a NVMe stick..! Here is my shopping/wish list... from Amazon .com https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/w...1GDT6VL00S3H7/ And that means upgrading to a fresh install of Windows...
  8. Ram Upgrade thoughts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Upgrade thoughts: Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips? 8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc. Are speeds that important? Thanks for your thoughts 136962
  9. Ram Upgrade thoughts

Ram Upgrade thoughts: Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips? 8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc. Are speeds that important? Thanks for your thoughts 136962
  10. Upgrade Advice

Upgrade Advice: I am thinking of upgrading my system and would like any advice regarding if I would see a performance enhancement. I play most of the latest games (constant gamer) and some video/photo editing. I am only upgrading motherboard, memory and CPU. Already have a video card and...