Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; English Is Not My First Language k lol I tried to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10, then i got a message that said i don't have enough space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Poods_o, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Poods_o Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10

English Is Not My First Language

k lol

I tried to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10, then i got a message that said i don't have enough space

What should I do?

:)

Poods_o, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading to Windows 10

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrading

2. Upgraded computer OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded computer OS: I purchased a refurbished computer it had windows 10 but, I just got a notice to delete the old OS. I am lost of what to do if I delete the old OS will I be able to recover my files if I have a system problem?...
  3. Can't upgrade to build 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade to build 1903: I've had multiple machines fail to upgrade to build 1903 via WSUS. Would anyone here please take a look at my log files and help me decipher what the problem is? Thanks! Setuperr.log 2019-10-14 13:46:22, Error CSI 00000001 (F)...
  4. Win10 Home S mode upgrade to win10 pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win10 Home S mode upgrade to win10 pro: Hi All, I am trying to upgrade my Windows Tablet running Win10 Home S Mode to Win 10Pro. The path to do this upgrade is via Settings/ Update & Security/ Activation. Once in here you choose the Win Store, but Win store does not want to open. Any suggestions on how I can...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade: getting two error code at various times. Can't determine what they mean 0xc190011f 0x800704c7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade/f797955e-beb5-47f7-b798-efa5fc144013
  6. Windows Upgrade Error

Windows Upgrade Error: I was upgrading my Windows 10 version 1803 to the May Update 1903. While installing the update when it exactly gets to 77% it gives this installation error code 0x80070714 . Please how will I solve it? I have searched online and tried this update over and over again...
  7. Upgrade path from 1607 14393

Upgrade path from 1607 14393: An upgrade from 1607 14393.2214 to 1903 18999.1 fails without any error detail Do I need to upgrade in steps and if so what's the details? Should I be able to go from 1607 directly to 1903 in this manner? Any ideas? 142522
  8. External Monitor (AOC) Driver has been disconnected after recent Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor (AOC) Driver has been disconnected after recent Windows 10 Upgrade: I installed the Windows 10 upgrade last night and have been unable to connect my AOC external monitor to my HP Laptop. This happens almost every time I install an upgrade. It is becoming tedious and incredibly frustrating. Is there a solution to this? Again?...
  9. Just upgraded to Ryzen 5 3600, some benchmarks vs R5 2600 inside

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just upgraded to Ryzen 5 3600, some benchmarks vs R5 2600 inside: My 3600 just arrived few hours ago and I did some quick benches to see what kind of improvements I would be getting (if any). It's not like an upgrade was needed but the idea of having a 7nm processor is exciting. I'm actually surprised at how much difference there is. I...
  10. Samsung Laptop R590, Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 fails error 0xC1900101 - 0x200017

Samsung Laptop R590, Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 fails error 0xC1900101 - 0x200017: Dear Support Team, Why does Microsoft skip check the hardware or do not provide a clear statement that not all hardware support Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10? For examples, there are several families of Samsung laptops (my case is R590) with Broadcom Wlan card that...