Windows 10: upgrading to windows 10

Discus and support upgrading to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there i wanted to upgrade my pc which is running on windows 7 32 bit upgrade to windows 10 64 bit. i have checked that my windows copy is genuine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vaibhavparihar, Oct 9, 2019.

1. upgrading to windows 10

hi there

i wanted to upgrade my pc which is running on windows 7 32 bit upgrade to windows 10 64 bit. i have checked that my windows copy is genuine so if i download iso file of windows 10 can i am able to upgrade it.

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-free-upgrade-2018/ - check out this site i have seen from this.

thank you

regards

vaibhav

:)

vaibhavparihar, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

upgrading to windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

upgrading to windows 10

1. upgrading to windows 10 - Similar Threads - upgrading

2. Re-upgrade to Windows 10 - activation ok?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-upgrade to Windows 10 - activation ok?: I recently upgraded a laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, activated it, and received confirmation that the upgrade was valid. Unfortunately a couple of days later, before I backed up the C: drive, the laptop said its boot partition was corrupt and wouldn't boot up. I...
  3. Dell XPS upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10 enterprise: I have new Dell Xps 15 laptop and it came with windows 10 Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro (enterprise from Microsoft store for $99 Purchase was fine it installed it shows Windows 10 Enterprise as my Operating System but it did not activate . I ran activation trouble...
  4. Ethernet / Wi-Fi - Adapter problem post upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet / Wi-Fi - Adapter problem post upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Sir, I have a HP 15 Notebook PC Product No J8B77PA#ACJ purchased in 2015. After I had upgraded to Windows 10 in May 2019 I am facing Ethernet / Wi-fi Adapter problems . My Wi-fi Adapter switches on and off all of a sudden . Sometimes if the Wi-fi adapter is working...
  5. upgrade to new win 10 version

upgrade to new win 10 version: I'm trying to upgrade to new win 10 version,1st time I waited over 1/2 an hour and still @ 0%,2nd time waited over an hour and still @ 0%,now as I type this question to you it has been 2+ hours and still @ 0%,what's the story here......
  6. When I was running Windows 8 there was no problem with Auto cap. After i upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I was running Windows 8 there was no problem with Auto cap. After i upgraded to...: When I was running Windows 8 there was no Auto Cap, since I upgraded to Windows 10, Auto Cap started and after numerous requests for a solution there has been no help with a viable solution....
  7. windows 10 1903 upgrade block/hold

windows 10 1903 upgrade block/hold: Hi, I've noticed that I got a message about my laptop seems to be in an upgrade hold to windows 10 1903, currently, I'm running windows 10 1803 on my laptop [ATTACH] Does this mean that Windows 10 1903 isn't compatible with my laptop? I heard that it's ready for broad...
  8. Am I gay if I didn't upgrade to Windows 10?

Am I gay if I didn't upgrade to Windows 10?: I am on Windows 10, but if I had Windows 7 and didn't upgrade to Windows 10, am I gay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-i-gay-if-i-didnt-upgrade-to-windows-10/9292fe3f-4f18-49c0-8dd5-8afe79f767fc
  9. Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix

Windows 10 won't update, can't run standalone upgrade, SFC found corrupt files but cannot fix: Hey all, My W10 installation has been struggling to install W10 Update version 1903. Failed to install 0xc1900101 Based on some similar threads I've followed on this problem, some recommended doing the W10 standalone install to reinstall windows while maintaining my apps &...
  10. wiindows 10 upgrade to 1903 failed with "You can't install windows on a USB flashdrive...

wiindows 10 upgrade to 1903 failed with "You can't install windows on a USB flashdrive...: The thing is the upgrade is on an existing SSD drive. However it is not the original hardware, which was a two and a half inch harddrive. In order to speed up the system I cloned the old drive to the SSD and everything has been working fine. All updates to windows 10 have...