Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 11, the multimedia keys on my keyboard no longer affect the correct sound device. Instead they seem to control some other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BHarms, Jan 16, 2022.

1. BHarms Win User

Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control

After upgrading to Windows 11, the multimedia keys on my keyboard no longer affect the correct sound device. Instead they seem to control some other device volume because I still see a volume slider appear on screen when I press the keys, but it's not for the current sound device. I have to use the taskbar widget to change volume for the current device.This is the volume slider I see on screen but it does NOT affect the current device volume at all. I don't know what it's controlling but its not the current audio device.

:)

BHarms, Jan 16, 2022

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Audio volume controls

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate you interest in Windows 10.

I understand you concern to set audio volume control for audio streaming, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please provide us additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• Which browser are you using to access iTunes?
    • How exactly were you trying to perform this in Windows 8.1?

Kindly reply on this, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control

Audio, Yes. Software/system Volume Control, No.

Installed Windows 10 over Windows 7.

Headphones still work, I have audio. I have no OS means to control the audio volume level. Nothing.

In Device Manager, all audio drivers are present and state they are operating properly.

I have no option to activate the task bar volume control from settings. It's grayed out and will not allow.

OS shows no output device in sound setting from control panel.

Again, I have audio, but no means to control the volume.

Suggestions?

Robert Troyer, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control

1. Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control - Similar Threads - Upgrading breaks audio

2. Controller breaks bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller breaks bluetooth audio: Hi there!I got a new headset JBL Tour One M2 this year and want to use the device on my Win11 pc over Bluetooth. That part worked just fine, and after some minor issues in the beginning, everything with it worked fine.I own an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller too, which I'm...
  3. Controller breaks bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller breaks bluetooth audio: Hi there!I got a new headset JBL Tour One M2 this year and want to use the device on my Win11 pc over Bluetooth. That part worked just fine, and after some minor issues in the beginning, everything with it worked fine.I own an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller too, which I'm...
  4. Audio volume control not working on HP laptop with windows 11 22H2 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio volume control not working on HP laptop with windows 11 22H2 upgrade: Hi all,throwing it out there to the community. I do not know when, but our HP 15-eh0015cl laptop got upgraded to Windows 11 22h2. For a little while everything seemed ok. Then all of a sudden the main volume control, the slider that you move from the sound icon in the right...
  5. Audio volume control not working on HP laptop with windows 11 22H2 upgrade

Audio volume control not working on HP laptop with windows 11 22H2 upgrade: Hi all,throwing it out there to the community. I do not know when, but our HP 15-eh0015cl laptop got upgraded to Windows 11 22h2. For a little while everything seemed ok. Then all of a sudden the main volume control, the slider that you move from the sound icon in the right...
  6. bluetooth audio breaks on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth audio breaks on windows 11: Dear community,lately i have been having issues with windows 11, i have a lot of trouble keeping my headphones connected when doing certain tasks....when i try to connect my headphones most of the time it will first say "connected" and after a while t will continue to flash...
  7. bluetooth audio breaks on windows 11

bluetooth audio breaks on windows 11: Dear community,lately i have been having issues with windows 11, i have a lot of trouble keeping my headphones connected when doing certain tasks....when i try to connect my headphones most of the time it will first say "connected" and after a while t will continue to flash...
  8. Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control

Upgrading to Windows 11 breaks audio volume control: After upgrading to Windows 11, the multimedia keys on my keyboard no longer affect the correct sound device. Instead they seem to control some other device volume because I still see a volume slider appear on screen when I press the keys, but it's not for the current sound...
  9. Audio Driver breaks after raising volume.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver breaks after raising volume.: I have a very strange issue where my volume is stuck at 69% and if I raise or lower it my audio stops working in any of my ports front or back but audio on my computer is still detected on my speakers realtek High Definition audio driver The only fix i found is to uninstall...
  10. Audio volume control on Bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio volume control on Bluetooth: While the missing function of Bluetooth volume control, in the Task Bar Volume Control, may be replaced by a similar function in the App or Software this is frequently untrue for audio commentaries in web browsers leaving the choice of be deafen by full volume or not listen....