Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently have a clean install of windows 11 on my computer. I have one windows 7 home basic and one windows 7 professional product key. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DucNguyen_03, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key

I recently have a clean install of windows 11 on my computer. I have one windows 7 home basic and one windows 7 professional product key. I tried activated it with the windows 7 pro key but it didn't work, while retry with the windows 7 home basic key did activate the installation. It was strange when I could use the windows 7 pro product key to activate windows 10 last year without any problems until I replaced the hard drive and clean install windows 11 see above. I used a third party checker and both keys are valid.I tried many methods, such asslui 4: tried many workarounds to enter the a

:)

DucNguyen_03, Oct 14, 2021

2. Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

No - Typically as far as I know, a Windows 7 Ultimate key will unlock Windows 7 Ultimate.

The thing is basically what is on the INSTALLATION disc is usually exactly the same no matter what version you buy, ALL the potential content is already on the disc, and it is the Product Key itself that tells the installer what options to install/how to install them, so that you land up with your specific product.

Take an Ultimate DVD, install , but enter a windows Home key, and you will most likely get a Home install.

... or am I 'trippin? Pro's weigh in?

BazookaJoe, Oct 14, 2021
  3. scope54 Win User
    Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

I've tried the opposite, was installing Win7 on a friends comp, my copy of win 7 (home premium) and his key (pro). When I entered the key, it gave me an error regarding versions. Skipping the initial key input also lead to a version error thing when Windows booted up. One big thing I noticed when I did that was it didn't let you choose the version to install if you skipped the key input. In short Vista lets you use whatever disc to install, 7 doesn't.

scope54, Oct 14, 2021
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key

Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

no TRWOV u can't use Ultimate key on Pro but u can download a free Windows 7, if that's the problem.

Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Microsoft's Official Distributer:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

puma99dk|, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key

1. Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key - Similar Threads - Upgrading pro product

2. Upgrade to Windows 11 pro with product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 pro with product key: I have a laptop with Windows 11 home. The company I work for stipulates Windows 11 pro. I want to upgrade via an activation key rather than in the windows UI. Basically, I want the company to seamlessly pay for the key and send it to me to add to this laptop. Is this...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 11 pro with product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 11 pro with product key: I have a laptop with Windows 11 home. The company I work for stipulates Windows 11 pro. I want to upgrade via an activation key rather than in the windows UI. Basically, I want the company to seamlessly pay for the key and send it to me to add to this laptop. Is this...
  4. cant upgrade to windows 11 pro using a product a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant upgrade to windows 11 pro using a product a key: I recently bought a windows 11 home pro and I cant upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro it s giving me this error code ox80041023 when I enter the product key...
  5. Partial product key after upgrading to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partial product key after upgrading to windows 11 pro: Hi. Just want to ask, i bought a laptop with pre-installed windows 10 single core home, after a months it upgraded to windows 11 single core home. But today, i decided to upgrade it to windows 11 pro, but upon checking thru cmd --> slmgr /dli, it prompts that my windows 11...
  6. product key where is it for windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key where is it for windows 7 pro: cant find my product key for my update to 10 only found a partial key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-where-is-it-for-windows-7-pro/7d7ddb69-18b8-4fa6-8474-c056d7b61550
  7. product key where is it for windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key where is it for windows 7 pro: cant find my product key for my update to 10 only found a partial key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-where-is-it-for-windows-7-pro/7d7ddb69-18b8-4fa6-8474-c056d7b61550
  8. Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key: I recently have a clean install of windows 11 on my computer. I have one windows 7 home basic and one windows 7 professional product key. I tried activated it with the windows 7 pro key but it didn't work, while retry with the windows 7 home basic key did activate the...
  9. Use Windows 10 Pro Product key to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use Windows 10 Pro Product key to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my computer ? ***Modified title from: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my computer ?***...
  10. Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key: Hi all, I am using a laptop with activated Windows 7, is it possible to upgrade my operating system to win 10 with the product key of windows 7? Can I do that for free? Thanks....