Windows 10: Upgrading to windows 12 with product key from windows 11

Discus and support Upgrading to windows 12 with product key from windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI have a windows 11 laptop that is activated with Windows 11 Home. Recently windows 12 was found, soIf my windows 11 is activated, and i upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Faris B, May 16, 2023.

1. Faris B Win User

Upgrading to windows 12 with product key from windows 11

HelloI have a windows 11 laptop that is activated with Windows 11 Home. Recently windows 12 was found, soIf my windows 11 is activated, and i upgrade to windows 12, will windows 12 still be activated with the same product key as windows 11?Thanks.

:)

Faris B, May 16, 2023

2. Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, May 16, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 8 Upgrade Streamlined to 11 Clicks

For those who upgrade between succeeding versions of Microsoft Windows, the upgrade installer can be cumbersome. There are way too many prompts and clicks. Microsoft is working to make the upgrade package of its next major version of Windows, for now referred to as Windows 8, streamlined to as few as 11 clicks. The new installer will be designed to perform most of its tasks without needing user input.

Microsoft will implement a new web-delivery method, where you purchase your Windows 8 license online, and the installer downloads your soft copy to you. It is pre-fed with your 25-character product key. Microsoft's next major Windows release is slated for 2012.

Upgrading to windows 12 with product key from windows 11 114b_thm.jpg

Source: Winrumors

btarunr, May 16, 2023
  4. Upgrading to windows 12 with product key from windows 11

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 16, 2023
Thema:

Upgrading to windows 12 with product key from windows 11

1. Upgrading to windows 12 with product key from windows 11 - Similar Threads - Upgrading product key

2. Will my data be gone if I switch my Windows 11 product key to a Windows 12 product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my data be gone if I switch my Windows 11 product key to a Windows 12 product key?: I’ve been wanting Windows 12 for a few months now, and I have a product key to use. But will it remove my data like apps, images, files, etc.?...
  3. Will my data be gone if I switch my Windows 11 product key to a Windows 12 product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will my data be gone if I switch my Windows 11 product key to a Windows 12 product key?: I’ve been wanting Windows 12 for a few months now, and I have a product key to use. But will it remove my data like apps, images, files, etc.?...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 11 pro with product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 pro with product key: I have a laptop with Windows 11 home. The company I work for stipulates Windows 11 pro. I want to upgrade via an activation key rather than in the windows UI. Basically, I want the company to seamlessly pay for the key and send it to me to add to this laptop. Is this...
  5. Upgrade to Windows 11 pro with product key

Upgrade to Windows 11 pro with product key: I have a laptop with Windows 11 home. The company I work for stipulates Windows 11 pro. I want to upgrade via an activation key rather than in the windows UI. Basically, I want the company to seamlessly pay for the key and send it to me to add to this laptop. Is this...
  6. upgrade from windows 11 to windows 12 download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade from windows 11 to windows 12 download: upgrade from windows 11 to windows 12 download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-11-to-windows-12-download/a3f7a98f-6ef4-42b4-a5fb-8b227a10f16c
  7. upgrade from windows 11 to windows 12 download

upgrade from windows 11 to windows 12 download: upgrade from windows 11 to windows 12 download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-11-to-windows-12-download/a3f7a98f-6ef4-42b4-a5fb-8b227a10f16c
  8. Upgrading to windows 12 with product key from windows 11

Upgrading to windows 12 with product key from windows 11: HelloI have a windows 11 laptop that is activated with Windows 11 Home. Recently windows 12 was found, soIf my windows 11 is activated, and i upgrade to windows 12, will windows 12 still be activated with the same product key as windows 11?Thanks....
  9. Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Education upgrade product key

Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Education upgrade product key: Case #:33294001] - Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Education upgrade product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-to-windows-11-education-upgrade/f0cf8224-2259-49a0-8330-2c5752b1f400
  10. Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Education upgrade product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Education upgrade product key: Case #:33294001] - Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Education upgrade product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-to-windows-11-education-upgrade/f0cf8224-2259-49a0-8330-2c5752b1f400