Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows PRO

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows PRO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is running Windows 10 Home and I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.This upgrade has failed and I got 0xc004f050. I have a license to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NoemiGillan, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Upgrading to Windows PRO

My laptop is running Windows 10 Home and I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.This upgrade has failed and I got 0xc004f050. I have a license to Windows 10 Home and I know that I can upgrade it to Pro

:)

NoemiGillan, Oct 25, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Upgrading to Windows PRO

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

This is what I used

"

Follow these steps to upgrade from Windows 10 Home if you have a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter this 25-character default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Important

This default product key will upgrade your device to Windows 10 Pro, but won't activate it.

• Select Next to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • After your device is upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter your 25-character Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key.
    • Select Next to activate Windows 10 Pro.
    "

GrahameBarclay, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading to Windows PRO

1. Upgrading to Windows PRO - Similar Threads - Upgrading PRO

2. upgrade to win pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade to win pro: I purchased an upgrade it is on Microsoft store. Unfortunately I had to recover the system and now I want to upgrade to win pro. I misplaced the update code can you email it to me again?...
  3. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro possible using product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro possible using product key?: Hi So we bought a Lenovo laptop for business use with Windows 10 Home, with the intention of immediately upgrade it to Pro. I have done this in the past on a Surface Pro, with no issues. This time it will not accept the new product key I just scraped clear on the previously...
  4. When upgrading from 64-bit Windows 10 Home OEM to 64-bit Windows Pro purchased, will I lose...

When upgrading from 64-bit Windows 10 Home OEM to 64-bit Windows Pro purchased, will I lose...: Hi all. I recently purchased a 64-bit Windows 10 Pro license key in order to upgrade my 64-bit OEM Windows 10 Home edition. My concern is will I have to reinstall all of my existing purchased programs Adobe Acrobat DC, for one that have limited activations? Most of my...
  5. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Digital License to Windows 10 Pro with a Product Key?

Upgrade Windows 10 Home Digital License to Windows 10 Pro with a Product Key?: Is what I am asking possible? I first bought an upgrade from the Microsoft Store and it hasn't worked. The install installed Windows 10 Enterprise. Using system restore I went back to Windows 10 Home. Now when I try install at Microsoft Store I get the error 0xc004f050. I...
  6. Trying to upgrade my pc to windows 10 pro

Trying to upgrade my pc to windows 10 pro: Hi, I'm currently in the process of upgrading my PC to windows 10 Pro. I'm not really sure if anything can be done, but wanted to shoot my shot before it's too late anyways. Here goes. I have a old sticker on my PC which is for Windows 8, I wanted to ask if it's possible to...
  7. Access Credentials not accepted by laptop for Remote Desktop Home to Pro Upgrade

Access Credentials not accepted by laptop for Remote Desktop Home to Pro Upgrade: After reformatting a Dell laptop Inspiron 7548 with the latest 20H2 Windows 10, I was greeted with a Home version as the install never asked me which version to install. The install was a clean install and the old install was Pro. I was directed to the Microsoft store to...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead: I went through the Microsoft store to upgrade my Windows 10 Home systems to Pro but I've had two of them upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and are asking for activation. I never selected Enterprise wasn't an option how do I get the Windows 10 Pro key that I ordered installed?...
  9. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.

Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.: I recently bought a laptop that has windows 10 home pre installed and activated. Some years ago i had a desktop, with windows 10 pro with a digital licence. How can't I upgrade from home to pro? I don't remember what I did with my account, but i did link my Microsoft...
  10. Windows 10 home upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 home upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Unbeknownst to me, I purchased a lap top with only a partial operating system. I was forced to pay an additional$99 to download Windows Pro. What downloaded was an "unauthorized" version of Windows Enterprise which I can't even activate. I have been trying to call...