Windows 10: Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails

Discus and support Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop with a preinstalled and validated Win 10 Home. Today I tried to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store. I bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tegu0, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Tegu0 Win User

Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails

Hello,

I have a laptop with a preinstalled and validated Win 10 Home. Today I tried to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store. I bought the corresponding Win 10 Pro upgrade (after some payment hassle, I hope it is not relating..). After the purchase the upgrade process started and finished soon successfully. Except that installer upgraded my system to Win 10 Enterprise for some reason and I can't activate it at all.

My activation window:

http://prntscr.com/mp0z9a

Clicking on troubleshoot doesn't fix anything:

http://prntscr.com/mp0zfr

I don't know my product key, so can't change it.

The relating error code is probably: 0x803F7001

My questions are:

1. What is happening?

2. How can I revert my Windows version to Home or Pro (without manually messing in the registry and so on)?

3. How can I activate my newly purchased Win 10 Pro?

(I didn't receive any code in my response mail)

:)

Tegu0, Feb 23, 2019

2. WIn 10 home upgrade to Pro

If you have upgraded (and activated) your win 10 Pro you can clean install from the ISO and simply skip the step where it asks for the key. The install will check with the online activation servers find your Pro credentials and complete the install

I ALWAYS remove mfr bloatware. +1

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 23, 2019
  3. RobCoxXA Win User
    Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails

1. Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails - Similar Threads - Upgrading valid activated

2. Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails: I bought an ex-leased Win 10 Laptop in New Zealand from a legitimate sales outlet. I live in NZ. I now wish to upgrade to Win10 Pro. Clicked on Settings/Update & Security/Activation/Go to the Store. I clicked on 'Buy' for $99.00. The only States and Country to choose from are...
  3. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro FAILED MISERABLY

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro FAILED MISERABLY: Brand-new-just-out-of-the-box Win 10 Home system. * Activate/Upgrade -> MS Store -> Win 10 Pro -> Buy -> Install. Error 0x80070005 * Reboot "Win 10 Enterprise" yeah, NOT Win 10 Pro not activated. Error 0xC004C003 [Currently: Reinstalling Win 10 Home] Questions:...
  4. Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hello! I`ve just upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Pro edition via Microsoft Store, and after a restart Windows tells me that there is a problem with activation, error 0xC004F025. But I didn`t receive any new product key in my order confirmation email, and old key for Windows...
  5. Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade: Recently I reinstalled Windows using my OEM recovery tools on my Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop. Because I had spare Windows 7 Pro key I decided to use it to upgrade my Windows 10 installation to Pro version. The Windows settings accepted my key and done automatic update of my...
  6. Upgrade Win 10 Home to Pro via the Store. Not activated

Upgrade Win 10 Home to Pro via the Store. Not activated: I have a HP Laptop that had an activated Win 10 Home (1809). Today I went via the upgrade process and purchased a Pro license. It seemed to install ok but now the system says it has Windows Enterprise (not Pro) and it isn't activated. In the Activation panel there is error...
  7. Win 10 upgrade from Home to Pro broke activation

Win 10 upgrade from Home to Pro broke activation: Hi, I bought windows 10 professional from MS Store. After in-place upgrade, for some reason it shows that I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my machine and it can not activate my windows. Please help. Thanks in advance, Aditya...
  8. Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro

Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro: I have an ASUS laptop which came with Win 10 Home. It has been activated and working fine for more than a year. I need the remote Desktop, so I went to the MS Store and paid my $99 for an upgrade to Pro. Now Win won't activate, saying I don't have a valid license. Also it...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate: I have been running Windows 10 Home on my Dell XPS8700 PC for over a year, but I decided to upgrade to the Pro version. I used the link in the settings under Activation and it took me to the Microsoft Store. I paid the upgrade fee and it seemed to upgrade no problem. But when...
  10. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade: How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to...