Windows 10: Upgrading Vista to Win 10 using media tool on usb, getting errors

Discus and support Upgrading Vista to Win 10 using media tool on usb, getting errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade a Windows Vista machine to Windows 10 using an installation media tool to boot from USB thumb drive. I've gotten so far as to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fatboystein, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Upgrading Vista to Win 10 using media tool on usb, getting errors

I'm trying to upgrade a Windows Vista machine to Windows 10 using an installation media tool to boot from USB thumb drive. I've gotten so far as to see the new Win10 logo on the screen then get a message that the PC needs to be repaired following by the error code 0xc0000098. It shows a list of about 9 things to choose from but none of them do anything. After trying 3 times I get the error code 0xc0000017 and then it won't let me do anything at all.

Any help? Someone been through this?

Thanks.

:)

Fatboystein, Jan 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 12, 2019
  3. KLund1 Win User
    Error 0xc000000e - Multi-boot Win 10 SSD Win 8.1, 7 Vista

Hi,
    I have a multi boot system. My main new install is win 10 uefi/gpt Raid 0. I still have my previous installs of Win 10, 8.1, 7, Vista on 2 separate SSD's, in MBR
    I am using the Win 10 boot manager. Win 8.1 and vista boot fine. With the Win 10 (not raid 0 ver) I get the boot error \Windows\system32\winload.exe error 0xc000000e.
    I have booted to 2 USB stick versions of win 10(one uefi gpt, other mbr) to attempt startup repair. I do not get a list of OS's to select for repair. I think that is because the main Win 10 raid 0 is GPT not MBR.
    I seem to remember that if I copy a couple files from a working OS to anther it fixes this problem. I might be wrong.
    Any suggestions to get the non raid versions of win10 to boot? (we'll work on 7 later)

KLund1, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Upgrading Vista to Win 10 using media tool on usb, getting errors

Window 10 Media Creation Tool errors with 0x80070456 0xA0019

I am trying to use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive but am getting an error message. It seems download the files successfully but fails part way through transferring the files to the USB drive.

The error message code I get is "Something went wrong ... 0x80070456 - 0xA0019"

The steps I take are

1. Run the program
    2. Accept the license conditions
    3. Choose "Create installation media for another PC"
    4. Language "English (United States)", Edition "Windows 10", Architecture "64-bit (x64)"
    5. Choose "USB flash drive"
    6. Choose the USB flash drive from the list

I am running Windows 10 Professional. The USB drive is 64Gb.

Kevin Brydon, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading Vista to Win 10 using media tool on usb, getting errors

1. Upgrading Vista to Win 10 using media tool on usb, getting errors - Similar Threads - Upgrading Vista using

2. Using USB After Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using USB After Media Creation Tool: So, i just finished using my USB to install Windows 10 onto a computer and I haven't done anything with it since. Now, I would like to use my USB for other things so I'm wondering if there is a proper way of removing the bootable files on it. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  3. Free upgrade of Win 8.1 to Win 10 via USB key downloaded via Media Creation Tool

Free upgrade of Win 8.1 to Win 10 via USB key downloaded via Media Creation Tool: Long story which I won't share, but obtained a laptop with OEM Win 8.1 home which I rescued for use as a backup machine. Lots of info on the web that says still can get a free upgrade to Win 10, which I'd prefer doing. I used the Media Creation Tool to create a Win 10...
  4. UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL"

UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL": We plan to upgrade a Win 7 desktop to Win 10 via "Media Creation Tool". We did this once before on another PC and it worked. But we would like to choose what is to be saved. Is there a prompt/option within the process where we could simply save our "User" folder with our...
  5. win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??: Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have a desktop that has the factory key to vista,but the HHD is formatted, it has the factory product key on the case, the...
  6. media creation tool for vista

media creation tool for vista: Yes i went to the right webpage but when i click to go to the ceation tool page to takes me back to the same page that i just came from. i canot use my windows 10 computer, cause it has a blue screen saying BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO on the screen. I've been working 4 days not...
  7. how to get win 10 1809 media creator tool

how to get win 10 1809 media creator tool: I would like to know where to download the media creation tool for the release of 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-win-10-1809-media-creator-tool/94c31904-0bd4-48e2-aded-856ee8cb737d
  8. how to get win 10 1809 media creator tool

how to get win 10 1809 media creator tool: I would like to know where to download the media creation tool for the release of 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-win-10-1809-media-creator-tool/78a854ce-2516-4b32-bd9b-74a96ffa0d69
  9. How to "upgrade" when using the media creation tool on USB?

How to "upgrade" when using the media creation tool on USB?: Hi, So I ran the media creation tool and instead of choosing to upgrade this PC, I chose to write it to a USB stick so that I could do the upgrade at my leisure. So, I spent the time to download the 3 or 4 GB (we have super slow internet here) and put let it write to the...
  10. Media tools Upgrade this pc error

Media tools Upgrade this pc error: When i press upgrade this pc (the first option) it gives me error Something happen Something happen can you please help 9639

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to upgrade vista to win10