Windows 10: upgrading Visual C== 6.0 to Visual Studio 2013

Discus and support upgrading Visual C== 6.0 to Visual Studio 2013 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; we have a very complex C++ app that is using MFC, OLE that we need to upgrade to be developed in Visual Studio 2013. When I try to compile it in 2013 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by umasax, Nov 20, 2018.

1. umasax Win User

upgrading Visual C== 6.0 to Visual Studio 2013

we have a very complex C++ app that is using MFC, OLE that we need to upgrade to be developed in Visual Studio 2013. When I try to compile it in 2013 I run into all kinds to compiler errors and would like to know which is the best and safest wy to move it from Visual Studio 6.0 to 2013? Thanks

:)

umasax, Nov 20, 2018

2. Download for Microsoft visual studio 2013 express edition

According to the following page, you can download it at the following link:

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/older-downloads/

You will need to have an account setup:

To download any product from the following list, click the download button and log in with your Visual Studio Subscription account when prompted. If you don’t have a Visual Studio Subscription, you can create one for free by clicking on “Create a new Microsoft
    account” on the login page.

Visual Studio Community 2013; Visual Studio Professional 2013; Visual Studio Premium 2013; Visual Studio Ultimate 2013

Visual Studio Test Professional 2013

Visual Studio 2013 Language Pack

Visual Studio Test Professional 2013 Language Pack

Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2013

Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Express 2013

Team Explorer for Visual Studio 2013

Visual Studio 2013 Shell (Integrated)

Visual Studio 2013 SDK

Visual Studio 2013 Modeling SDK

Visual Studio 2013 Agents

Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web

Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows

Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop

Andre Da Costa, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Visual Studio 2013

Hello,

1) Have you tried creating new project in 2013 then using add existing file?

2) Follow these steps to enable Design Mode

This is not the proper forum for Visual Studio issues. Repost or post your questions to

Visual Studio Community

Smittychat., Nov 20, 2018
  4. upgrading Visual C== 6.0 to Visual Studio 2013

Visual Studio 2013

Hello...

Two questions:

1. How do I open a project from web developer express 2010, in visual studio 2013?

2. How do I get to design mode in visual studio 2013?

I've been trying to figure this out for weeks.

Thanks for the help..

jeff

jeffzervos, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

upgrading Visual C== 6.0 to Visual Studio 2013

1. upgrading Visual C== 6.0 to Visual Studio 2013 - Similar Threads - upgrading Visual C==

2. VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2019: i want to run a program which needs API-MS-WIN-CORE-SYSINFO-L1-2-1.DLL, which i'm told, is part of the above package.I get an error saying I cannot install it unless I uninstall the package for Visual Studio 2022Can I do this? Won't it disable the VS 2022?Thanks...
  3. VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE FOR VISUAL STUDIO 2019: i want to run a program which needs API-MS-WIN-CORE-SYSINFO-L1-2-1.DLL, which i'm told, is part of the above package.I get an error saying I cannot install it unless I uninstall the package for Visual Studio 2022Can I do this? Won't it disable the VS 2022?Thanks...
  4. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019: I did a basic reset of my pc. It removed Microsoft Visual C++ 2019. I tried to reinstall, but it tells me there is a runtime error and that the old ver. can not be removed,...
  5. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019: I did a basic reset of my pc. It removed Microsoft Visual C++ 2019. I tried to reinstall, but it tells me there is a runtime error and that the old ver. can not be removed,...
  6. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Visual C++ MFC MBCS Library for Visual Studio 2013 ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual C++ MFC MBCS Library for Visual Studio 2013 ERROR: I am trying to download Visual C++ MFC MBCS Library for visual Studio 2013 I get these 2 following error message: Microsoft Visual Studio is required, but it is not installed on this computer, Please install and retry. Stopping installation. This product applies only to...
  8. Visual C++ 2013 redistributable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Visual C++ 2013 redistributable: I am trying to install an application: Qualcomm Package Manager. The install aborts with the following message: Please install Visual C++ 2013 redistributable for QIK/QPM to function correctly I have installed Visual C++ 2013 redistributable yet continue to receive the...
  9. IS Microsoft Visual C++ THE SAME AS VISUAL STUDIO?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IS Microsoft Visual C++ THE SAME AS VISUAL STUDIO?: IS Microsoft Visual C++ THE SAME AS VISUAL STUDIO? WHY IS THERE MANY DIFFERENT 'C++' FILES IN MY COMPUTER? IF I NEED ONE THAT I DON'T HAVE TO RUN A PROGRAM HOW WOULD I KNOW? DOES AN ERROR CODE APPEAR?...
  10. microsoft visual studio c++

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft visual studio c++: why i have so much microsoft visual studio c++ can i uninstall them[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-studio-c/aadbad4b-4e91-4086-a546-b7f906b2f387