Windows 10: Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Discus and support Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnDK., Sep 18, 2020.

1. JohnDK. Win User

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade

:)

JohnDK., Sep 18, 2020
  2. peterjax Win User

W8.1 pro upgrades to W10 Home

My laptop, running W8.1 pro was upgraded to W10, but the version is W10 Home. How can I revert back to W10 Pro? Why did it not upgrade to W10 Pro initially?

peterjax, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Vayra86 Win User
    W10 Home > Pro

Question:

right now I made a bootable USB for W10, off my current installation which is a W10 Home.

Monday I'll use that on my new rig but I want to move to W10 Pro on that one. Is this possible with my bootable USB setup? My guess is that you just re-pick your version based on the activation code, amirite?

Vayra86, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

moving W10 Pro license to another computer running W10 Home

I am a long time W10 Insider.

I had a Gateway NV79 running W10 Pro and it bellied up with on board battery issues and is non functional.

I want to move that Pro License to another W10 machine running home.

What are the steps/

Thanks,

Norm Weed

NormanWeed, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

1. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading W10 Home

2. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  3. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot upgrade W10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade W10 Home to Pro: Hello, I got a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Home and wanted to upgrade it to Pro. I purchased an OEM license and could try to activate it, but I get 0xC004F090 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run ... I tried to use a generic...
  6. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro: I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this update be beneficial or should I just buy a new one. Thanks 162616
  7. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  8. Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure: But not in the usual way - the Store would not accept the digital license for the W10 Pro I had purchased to do the upgrade - it offered me W10 Home again. So I tried using a physical disc for W10 Pro and it started fine and went online to collect update files to install....
  9. W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD

W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD: Windows 10 Home x64 in use. This W10 is activated after upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium. Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home with a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro DVD and a valid key ? The current Windows 10 Home x64 has applications...
  10. Will I upgrade to W10 Pro or Home?

Will I upgrade to W10 Pro or Home?: Edit: I was able to upgrade to W10 Pro RTM and activate. The responses below that say this is not possible are wrong. Mentioned here also Build 10240: Did you get assigned a license/product key? : Windows10 Hi, I have a laptop with OEM key in the BIOS which shipped with W8...