Windows 10: Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store

Discus and support Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; what happens when we are upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from the Microsoft store, does all the data are lost from the OS driver, which includes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sundarakalathik, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store

what happens when we are upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from the Microsoft store, does all the data are lost from the OS driver, which includes software, or It may be available as same even when upgradation.

:)

sundarakalathik, Apr 8, 2021

2. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade on microsoft store - cant fidn the Pro upgrade new lisc key in store

So I was working just fine on my HP laptop which was Win 10 pro purcased as an upgrade from microsoft store. Then my laptop got stuck with a constant windows update failure for 5 months - so I did a clean install from usb - but the usb installed Win 10
    home. All seemed OK - no activation errors - all good. So I logged into Windows store and installed Win 10 pro - and now I'm getting activation errors.

The key in my bios does not work with pro (its probably the original win10 key?).

I went into The windows store and found the order for the upgrade but when I click into it - the order does not have a "show key" link or button.

I'm stuck...

GreenGhostMS, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store

Win 10 Pro upgrade

Hello,

I recommend you to directly upgrade to V1903 via ISO file.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

[GUIDE] How To Upgrade To Windows 10 Using ISO File

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store

1. Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store - Similar Threads - Upgrading home win10

2. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  3. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  4. Win 10 home to Pro upgrade from store issue.

Win 10 home to Pro upgrade from store issue.: This is annoying can someone point me in the right direction, my vitals are here. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name LAPTOP-2CELH6V1 System Manufacturer...
  5. win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.: I purchased home to pro upgrade from Microsoft store. Upgrade install gets to 99% then fails with error code 0xc004f050. According to Microsoft this is an activation error. My account shows the purchase. I have done; wsreset.exe, ran activation trouble shooter, ran update...
  6. win10 home upgrade to win 10 pro

win10 home upgrade to win 10 pro: I just purchased win 10 pro upgrade from MS online store and nothing happened other than I got a receipt. my pc still shows that I have 10 home what do I do?...
  7. Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro: Hey guys, I am considering to upgrade my Home to Pro version, due the lack of RDP feature on Home edition, which is now in this work-from-home times quite necessary. However, I cannot find the price for the upgrade. I follow the articles online: Settings -> Updates and...
  8. Upgrading from win 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from win 10 home to pro: So, I used the windows installation media to copy a licensed win 10 home to my newly built pc. Now, I'm considering upgrading to Pro but have a few questions. Since my current windows is a Home install but isn't activated, can I simply upgrade using a Win 10 Pro key and...
  9. upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro

upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro: I needed a product key to activate win 10 so I purchased Home. product key would not activate. Then I noticed I needed the Pro product key. How can I upgrade to the Pro purchase key? I just purchased the Win 10 home from Microsoft store a few hours ago and it was completely...
  10. upgrade from win 10 home to pro

upgrade from win 10 home to pro: Hi. I deactivated old laptop with Win 10 Pro and used that activation key for my new laptop with Win 10 Home installed. Activation key is fine (no errors reported) but, new PC still shows as Win 10 Home installed. any ideas why? Thank you...