Windows 10: upgrading window 7 to win 10 wireless network compatibility switch turned off

Discus and support upgrading window 7 to win 10 wireless network compatibility switch turned off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after upgrading window 7to win10 wireless network wi-fi not connected showing capability switch turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KanshiAhir, Feb 23, 2020.

1. upgrading window 7 to win 10 wireless network compatibility switch turned off

after upgrading window 7to win10 wireless network wi-fi not connected showing capability switch turned off

:)

KanshiAhir, Feb 23, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Wireless Network not found when booting up or after sleep after upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7

I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 recently. Unfortunately, since i did this upon start the computer does not find any wireless networks even though i have one. I never had an issue with Win 7 in this regard. but i do now. Uggh!

I right click on the wireless symbol and run the Troubleshoot problem selection and majority of times, about 85%, it fixes the problem and my wireless is initiated. The other 15% i need to restart the computer and then again usually allows me to run through
    the steps and it works.

But why did microsoft release Win 10 without testing for what happens to the wireless for people that upgrade from Win 7. I can't believe it!!

None of the suggestions i have seen on boards have helped.

Will Microsoft release a patch that fixes this soon?

Please help. this is extremely annoying.

Stuart_Lisk, Feb 23, 2020
  4. adoornik Win User

upgrading window 7 to win 10 wireless network compatibility switch turned off

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

upgrading window 7 to win 10 wireless network compatibility switch turned off

1. upgrading window 7 to win 10 wireless network compatibility switch turned off - Similar Threads - upgrading window wireless

2. wireless capability is turned off and the switch doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless capability is turned off and the switch doesn't work: so my Wi fi is stuck on tuned off.it says its turned off and asks me to manually turn it on it shows the other options too, well i know i can with the Wi fi switch button , but it does not work. i tried "turn wifi back on 1 hour later" but still that didn't workso the switch...
  3. wireless capability is turned off and the switch doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless capability is turned off and the switch doesn't work: so my Wi fi is stuck on tuned off.it says its turned off and asks me to manually turn it on it shows the other options too, well i know i can with the Wi fi switch button , but it does not work. i tried "turn wifi back on 1 hour later" but still that didn't workso the switch...
  4. wireless capability is turned off and the switch doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turning off group policy in Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off group policy in Win 7: Or, how can I at least reset gp back to the defaults? I took ownership of a program, and after that, I get random group policy errors. Or how can I reliquance ownership of that file?...
  6. Turning off group policy in Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off group policy in Win 7: Or, how can I at least reset gp back to the defaults? I took ownership of a program, and after that, I get random group policy errors. Or how can I reliquance ownership of that file?...
  7. I have Win 7 on my PC and Turn Off All Updates -> Upgrade Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have Win 7 on my PC and Turn Off All Updates -> Upgrade Win 10: Hi guys, I need your help, I have Win 7 PC and I turn Off Windows Updates, so it never Upgrade to Windows 10 at all before. Now I decided to Install Window 10 on this Win 7 PC, so if I Install Win 10 on this PC can I get Free of cost Windows 10 Genuine and activated Life...
  8. Networking Win 10 with Win 7

Networking Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop PC and two laptops all running Win 7 and networked through my router. I'd like to upgrade one of the laptops to Win 10 as a trial starter for probable upgrade on all but do not wish to lose the network connection in the meantime. Is that going to be a problem...
  9. No network connectivity after upgrade to win 10 from win 7

No network connectivity after upgrade to win 10 from win 7: I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 now the machine refuses to show the network adapters! Both adapters show in the device manager as running OK. I have tried to reinstall the drivers - win 10 says the latest driver is installed. I tried removing the adapters by...
  10. Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Connect Automatically to Wireless Network in Windows 10 When you password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network. This tutorial...