Windows 10: Upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium, Error 0xC1900101

Discus and support Upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium, Error 0xC1900101 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a small issue trying to upgrade a laptop of mine It's Running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit and It says it's compatible for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Moopuppy, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Moopuppy Win User

Upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium, Error 0xC1900101

Hey guys,
    I have a small issue trying to upgrade a laptop of mine It's Running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit and It says it's compatible for Windows 10 upgrade, except when I try I get this Error.

Upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium, Error 0xC1900101 [​IMG]

I have an older laptop, it's an MSI-E7235 and I will post my dxdiag, and setup error log, I'm hoping someone can read it better than me. Any help would be appreciated *Smile

DxDiag.txt, and setuperr.log

:)

Moopuppy, Oct 9, 2015

2. system thread excption not handled

I have tried to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 twice and I get the following error: System thread exception not handled 0xc1900101-0x20017 Installation failed in the Safe_OS phase error during boot operations.

What to I need to do to fix this problem?

StevenBramble, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Windows 7 home premium to Windows 10 home failing at 'copying files' stage

Hi,

I m trying to upgrade my windows 7 home premium 64bit os to windows 10 but failing in installation copying files stage .it shutdowns at 49% copying files.and shows error:

"0xC1900101-2000C

The installation failed at SAFE_OS face with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation."

I upgraded using media creation tool.

Urgent help is needed and appreciated.

Regards ,

Krishnan

Krishnan Nambudiri, Oct 9, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you search for "failed in the SAFE_OS phase" you will get plenty of results, some of which indicate ways forward. Some results are threads in this forum.

See if any help, note what you've tried, post back if successful & why, else please list what you've tried unsuccessfully.
    Good luck!

dalchina, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium, Error 0xC1900101 - Similar Threads - Upgrading Home Premium

2. Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10: Hi,My personal laptop runs on Windows 7 Home Premium.Is it possible to do free upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 now using Windows 7 product key?If yes, could you please share some links with procedures to perform this upgrade.Thanks....
  3. Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10: Hi,My personal laptop runs on Windows 7 Home Premium.Is it possible to do free upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 now using Windows 7 product key?If yes, could you please share some links with procedures to perform this upgrade.Thanks....
  4. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium: I informed my son today that he may no longer access my home network with the gaming computer he built seven years ago when he was 15 since it is still running Windows 7 Home Premium, Ver. 6.1, Build 7601, SP1. Over the years, he has made numerous hardware upgrades, but...
  5. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home Premium: I asked this question earlier - August 20 or so, and received a detailed reply. However, I was unable to access my computer until now to read it. I have gone through many, many pages of prior postings but have been unable to find that solution . So I'm posting the problem...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home premium

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home premium: Hi there! Im am having a Windows 7 Home Premium samsung laptop and want to do an upgrade to Windows 10. I did an clean installation on Microsoft website via Media Creation Tool. But then I get this result: Will I still be able to have an upgrade or I will need to...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro: I'd like to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro. Which version of 10 Pro will upgrade, while leaving my existing programs & files intact? I need to do this before Windows 7 is phased out. I see Frys Electronics is selling an "OEM" version of 10 Pro. Will...
  8. Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium

Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 home premium: Hi Team, I have missed the free upgrade to windows 10 last year, however i would like to upgrade my laptop from windows 7 to 10 now. I have alredy running Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium on my Sony Vaio Laptop.... Can I upgrade to Windows 10 again for free? If so, how can...
  9. 0xC1900101 Error during upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7

0xC1900101 Error during upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7: I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 to Windows 10 Home , after first stage of setup when it restarts, I get an error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and then after a restart I get the message "0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10,Second_Boot Error 0xc1900101

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10,Second_Boot Error 0xc1900101: I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but the installation has been failing at the very end. I downloaded the media creation tool and proceed to follow all of the on screen instructions. The installation makes it to the very end and then I get the following...
Tags: