Windows 10: Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise

Discus and support Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There is a lot of conflicting information on how you can and can't upgrade to Enterprise from a current Home edition. I purchased a system about 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gtr-Stosh, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Gtr-Stosh Win User

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise

There is a lot of conflicting information on how you can and can't upgrade to Enterprise from a current Home edition.

I purchased a system about 2 years ago for business that came with Windows 10 Home by default. Pretty weird combo considering the specs of this system but is what it is.

I had attempted a previous suggestion to upgrade using a standard PRO key first which I did, but it wouldn't activiate and complained not valid. Took a bit to get back to it and Windows complaining about needing activation . So I tried entering our company Enterprise key again and voila, it now says Windows 10 Enterprise? Is it possible even though it wouldn't activate, the edition was recognized as PRO so the Enterpise key was then accepted?

My primary question: Will just rebooting give me the full Enterprise functionality or do I need to run any upgrade steps or install steps? I am attempting to avoid a full system reinstall and full applications reinstalls and configuration if I can.

GTR

:)

Gtr-Stosh, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

How to upgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you want more information on how to upgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise.

I suggest you to refer the steps by Bill Smithers on August 19, 2015
    in the following thread and check if it helps.

Windows 10 upgrade for windows 8.1 enterprise edition

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Uplink10 Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise - Similar Threads - Upgrading Home Enterprise

2. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Enterprise: Hi everyone, I have a Surface Pro 9 which came with Windows 11 Home edition. I would like to upgrade this to Windows 11 Enterprise. I own a Windows 11 Pro Licence. I am also entitled to use Windows 11 Enterprise through our M365 E3 Subscription. I thought I could just remove...
  3. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Enterprise: Hi everyone, I have a Surface Pro 9 which came with Windows 11 Home edition. I would like to upgrade this to Windows 11 Enterprise. I own a Windows 11 Pro Licence. I am also entitled to use Windows 11 Enterprise through our M365 E3 Subscription. I thought I could just remove...
  4. Windows 10 Home Upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise.: I was trying to upgrade to windows 10 Pro from home with my digital license on my microsoft account. But it somehow upgraded to windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it now....
  5. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Enterprise overnight

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home upgraded to Enterprise overnight: I was using a Win 10 Home activated through my Microsoft account happily for a few months on this new PC, but today I got the "Activate Windows" in the lower right corner of my screen, when going into the settings it now says Windows 10 Enterprise, Not activated. After a...
  6. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise by itself?

Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise by itself?: Hi guys, Recently, I’ve reinstalled windows to convert my windows from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 home. After it finished installation, I used my computer for awhile. When I was done using my com, I shut it down, but it ran some updates on its own, and I found out...
  7. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 enterprise

Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 enterprise: I've had this computer for some time and upgraded to windows 10 home edition when it was offered for free some time ago, recently I bought the enterprise edition from the Microsoft store and it is now saying I need to activate my Windows edition. Error code: 0x803F7001...
  8. upgrade wtn home-> Enterprise??

upgrade wtn home-> Enterprise??: Upgrade steps needed …. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-wtn-home-enterprise/1932eb9a-cdc4-4c97-aa5b-6ed46d5f5b6a
  9. Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise: Yesterday, I went on the built-in Microsoft store, purchased the $99 Windows 10 Pro upgrade, after the transaction completed, it changed to an install button that I clicked on and went through the "Adding Features" updates. When I finished the update, I check my license, it...
  10. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474