Windows 10: Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool

Discus and support Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It is possible I can upgrade my copy of Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool instead of installing it from the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by McMike14, Jul 12, 2019.

1. McMike14 Win User

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool

It is possible I can upgrade my copy of Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool instead of installing it from the Microsoft Store? Which I did purchase from there. And if so, can I use my current product key that I use for Windows 10 Home to use for Windows 10 Pro or do I need a new product key to activate after I upgrade? Just making sure before I do anything Because installing it from the Microsoft Store only upgrades to the unofficial Windows 10 Enterprise edition which doesn’t activate after upgrading. People have been tricked to fall into that trap like me sadly.

:)

McMike14, Jul 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

No, in my language I just have the windows 10 and windows 10 N version. In the standard american version I see windows 10, windows 10 Home Single Language, and windows 10 N.

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool

1. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the media creation tool - Similar Threads - Upgrading Home Pro

2. Windows 7 Pro Service pack1 upgrade to Windows 10 using Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro Service pack1 upgrade to Windows 10 using Media creation tool: Hello,I keep getting errors when trying to update Windows 7 professional with service pack1 to windows 10 using mediacreationtool 21H2. 2021-12-21 12:34:45, Error [0x08085f] MIG MigHost: CMigPluginSurrogate::LoadAndRegisterServerInThreadContext:...
  3. Windows 7 Pro Service pack1 upgrade to Windows 10 using Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro Service pack1 upgrade to Windows 10 using Media creation tool: Hello,I keep getting errors when trying to update Windows 7 professional with service pack1 to windows 10 using mediacreationtool 21H2. 2021-12-21 12:34:45, Error [0x08085f] MIG MigHost: CMigPluginSurrogate::LoadAndRegisterServerInThreadContext:...
  4. Windows 7 Pro Service pack1 upgrade to Windows 10 using Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgraded from WIN 10 Home to Pro, Media Creation Tools just installs Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded from WIN 10 Home to Pro, Media Creation Tools just installs Home: When I purchased my laptop, I paid for a windows 10 pro upgrade. I used media creation tool to do a reinstall, but it only installs home. In the Microsoft store, I am unable to download. When you call it forces you online. When you go online support, it says it should just...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.

Windows 10 Upgrade Media Creation tool.: Hey guys! Today I tried to upgrade my old PC to Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 media creation tool. So I downloaded the tool on myLaptop which already has windows 10 pre-installed and on my laptop I created an ISO file using the media creation tool and saved it on my...
  7. Media Creation Tool installed 10 Pro instead of 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Creation Tool installed 10 Pro instead of 10 Home: I was forced to "upgrade" to Windows 10 Home about 3 years ago. I've hated it since. I have been attempting to go back to Windows 7. I got back to Windows 7 and found my product key was no where to be found. My COA has been worn down and is illegible. That combined with the...
  8. Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool

Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool: so in the media creation tool i dont have Windows 10 pro i only have Windows 10 , Windows 10 home and single use , Windows 10 N . 76930
  9. Failed to upgrade to Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Failed to upgrade to Windows 10 using the media creation tool: I am awaiting notification from my reserved place in line to upgrade to Windows 10 on my PC desktop. At present, my OS is Windows 7 Professional 64. After waiting since July 29, I decided to download the Media Creation Toolx64.exe from the Microsoft website and use it to get...
  10. Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool

Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool: Hello The tech I have been working with told me to download the WMC tool to help straighten out my W10 system. He said I will need a 6 gig flash drive. I downloaded the tool to another computer and it is only a 17 MBT .exe file? Why do I need a 6 gig flash drive for this...