Windows 10: Upgrading Windows 10 Licence Issue

Discus and support Upgrading Windows 10 Licence Issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have upgraded a few laptops from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft store. We started the installation but after the reboot the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Salem216 II, May 15, 2019.

1. Upgrading Windows 10 Licence Issue

We have upgraded a few laptops from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft store. We started the installation but after the reboot the laptops are showing as they are installed with a Windows 10 Enterprise license and are not activated. This has happened with 4 out of the 5 laptops we upgraded.

:)

Salem216 II, May 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 15, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Upgrading Windows 10 Licence Issue

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading Windows 10 Licence Issue

1. Upgrading Windows 10 Licence Issue - Similar Threads - Upgrading Licence Issue

2. Invalid licence error trying to upgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Invalid licence error trying to upgrade Windows 10: Today I bought an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, It's a digital licence. I can't activate it because it says I don't have a valid licence. When I log into my Microsoft account I can see that the purchase has gone through but I can't get past the error.I am...
  3. Windows 10 automatic upgrade not happening with digital licence

Windows 10 automatic upgrade not happening with digital licence: Hello experts, I have bought a new Asus notebook with preinstalled windows 10 home single language. I have a windows 10 pro digital licence linked to my email id from before which I was using in my previous laptop, which I have uninstalled and removed my account. But when...
  4. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence: My Dell laptop has died. It was originally supplied with a Windows 8 Home OEM licence, upgraded to Windows 10 Home then I bought a license to upgrade to the Pro version. I need to buy a new laptop which will come with a Windows 10 Home licence. Can I reuse the Pro upgrade...
  5. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence: My Dell laptop has died. It was originally supplied with a Windows 8 Home OEM licence, upgraded to Windows 10 Home then I bought a license to upgrade to the Pro version. I need to buy a new laptop which will come with a Windows 10 Home licence. Can I reuse the Pro upgrade...
  6. Windows 10 and licence expiration and activation issues

Windows 10 and licence expiration and activation issues: I got a message saying my Windows licence would expire soon. I updated my Windows. Still getting the same message. Support told me I had to activate Windows. It is activated. Still getting the same message. Why? What's going on? What do I do? Any help appreciated....
  7. Can Windows 8.1 licenced with a KMS type licence be upgraded to Windows 10?

Can Windows 8.1 licenced with a KMS type licence be upgraded to Windows 10?: Hello, This is a somewhat ignorant question, but I hope that is not too much of a problem: Upgrading to Windows 10 worked fine in other devices with the same licence type, years ago, when the whole "free upgrade" was pushed. It is somewhat likely, though unconfirmed,...
  8. upgrading windows with digital licence

upgrading windows with digital licence: I recently got a new computer. I have a digital licence for windows 10 pro on my old computer. I want to use that licence on my new computer however I have windows 10 home installed (and not activated) on the new computer. So when trying to activate my digital licence on this...
  9. Windows 10 digital licence activation issues

Windows 10 digital licence activation issues: Good day My hardware sticker indicates that I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license, I installed Windows 10 Pro accordingly. Now when I try activate my digital licence it says that I have a Home Single Language licence and must install correct version. Please advise how...
  10. Windows no licence from free upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows no licence from free upgrade to windows 10: hi I had free windows 10 upgrade about 3 years ago, no problems but after the latest updates i now need an activation code, to get this im asked to go and buy one, this doesnt make sence to me. cant reset windows, or basically do anything else. it doesnt send me to the...