Windows 10: Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Discus and support Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I upgrade from windows 10 to the newer version of windows when it comes for free?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nehal Ranak, May 10, 2020.

1. Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Can I upgrade from windows 10 to the newer version of windows when it comes for free?

:)

Nehal Ranak, May 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 10, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 10, 2020
  4. M Wenger Win User

Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?

M Wenger, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

1. Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version - Similar Threads - Upgrading newer version

2. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10: I have been trying for months and months to upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1803 Build10.0.17134. At the moment I am trying to install Version 22H2. The update downloads, and begins installing, but installation never completes. I have been unable to insert a screenshot of the...
  3. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10: I have been trying for months and months to upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1803 Build10.0.17134. At the moment I am trying to install Version 22H2. The update downloads, and begins installing, but installation never completes. I have been unable to insert a screenshot of the...
  4. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why is upgrading to a newer version of windows always a downgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is upgrading to a newer version of windows always a downgrade?: I have been using dual monitors since it became possible, I don't know....windows 95 maybe? I have always had my taskbar on my secondary monitor ONLY. I have to imagine most people who game or watch a video full screen, want to do this on their main monitor, but also want to...
  6. Why is upgrading to a newer version of windows always a downgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is upgrading to a newer version of windows always a downgrade?: I have been using dual monitors since it became possible, I don't know....windows 95 maybe? I have always had my taskbar on my secondary monitor ONLY. I have to imagine most people who game or watch a video full screen, want to do this on their main monitor, but also want to...
  7. Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version?

Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version?: Friend of mine on a Dell laptop (his business laptop) just got a message trying to schedule an "upgrade" to a newer version. This is kind of urgent. I knew that Microsoft forced updates upon us, but I had no idea they also forced version upgrades. Has anyone had any...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version: If you find that your Windows 10 is stuck on a particular version, which is now unsupported and will not upgrade, here are suggestions that will help you upgrade to the next version. When you hover your mouse pointer over the Windows Update icon in the Taskbar, you may see a...
  9. Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10: What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Store prompting to upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

Windows 10 Mobile Store prompting to upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10: Hey! So, I opened the Microsoft Store on my Lumia 950 this morning and found a banner listing at the top of the app (suggested apps slider) that read "Update your PC by October 9, 2018). My phone is running the latest production build of 1709. Clicking on the listing...