Windows 10: Upgrading windows 10 using a work account

Discus and support Upgrading windows 10 using a work account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade a windows 10 home to a windows 10 Pro. But when I click upgrade from the systems\about section it takes me to the microsoft store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jacob Miller (jmiller), Apr 9, 2019.

1. Upgrading windows 10 using a work account

I'm trying to upgrade a windows 10 home to a windows 10 Pro. But when I click upgrade from the systems\about section it takes me to the microsoft store to purchase a $99 upgrade. The problem is that it then requires me to sign into a microsoft account. I've tried my various O365 admin/work accounts but it refuses to accept them. Does this mean I need to create a live.com or outlook.com account just to upgrade this computer's windows?

:)

Jacob Miller (jmiller), Apr 9, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Upgrading windows 10 using a work account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Upgrading windows 10 using a work account :(

Zakin, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading windows 10 using a work account

1. Upgrading windows 10 using a work account - Similar Threads - Upgrading using account

2. Upgraded to Windows 11Pro, unable to add a work account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to Windows 11Pro, unable to add a work account: Bought a Dell XPS a few weeks ago, came with Windows 11 Home, upgraded to Pro, but I am still not able to add a work account. It is still asking for a Microsoft account instead. How do I go about adding a work account, as this laptop is to be used for work, not personal. Do I...
  3. How to remove a work account used by other apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a work account used by other apps in Windows 10: In settings/Email & accounts under accounts used by other apps I see two email accounts. Neither account has a remove button. How do I remove one of the accounts. Windows 10 Pro I researched this on the web and in all of the tutorials I read there is mention of a remove...
  4. Upgrading/Downgrading Windows 10 account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading/Downgrading Windows 10 account?: I have an Enterpriese account I got through my old job at a University and am still able to use it, but every now and then , I have to annoyingly connect to the campus network to reauthenticate it or, like this morning, reset the password or be locked out. What are my...
  5. Create an account using work 365 account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create an account using work 365 account: I just picked up the surface pro 7 mainly for work purposes. I want to set up a log in that uses my work 365 account. When I go to add another user I select other user. It wont allow me to use my office 365 account to sign in. Is it possible to sign in with an office 365...
  6. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a business MS account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a business MS account: If a company purchases new computers that have Windows 10 Home editions, can the company purchase Pro upgrade using a business account? It looks like an upgrade can only be done using personal MS accounts, but these are not 'personal' computers. Does anyone know how to go...
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows Update

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows Update: Windows 10 was officially launched for public on 29th July 2015 as a free upgrade for existing Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users. It is also available to purchase as a stand-alone version from the Microsoft Store and is pre-installed on most of the OEM if you purchase a new...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO

Upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO: Hi, I don't have a lot of data at home so I downloaded the ISO at work. I tried a clean install but Windows won't accept my product key. Is it possible to bypass the download in Windows 8 and upgrade using the ISO I downloaded? Thank you. 9539
  9. Windows 10 upgrade not working

Windows 10 upgrade not working: Afternoon all, Can anyone help with the following? Other computers with the same spec are not presenting this so I am stuck *Sad [img] Many thanks, Christopher 57676
  10. Use image to upgrade to Windows 10

Use image to upgrade to Windows 10: I have several machine running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. Question is can I upgrade 1 machine add my other programs Office etc , take an image and then use that image to upgrade the other machines. Adding a new machine using Win7 image was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade to windows 10 pro with a work account

2. upgrade to windows 10 pro using work account