Windows 10: Upgrading Windows 7 To Windows 10 On Old Computer Without USB?

Discus and support Upgrading Windows 7 To Windows 10 On Old Computer Without USB? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old dell desktop that uses windows 7. I haven't used it in long time and it just stays there. But i want to upgrade it to windows 10 as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paulyjustin, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Upgrading Windows 7 To Windows 10 On Old Computer Without USB?

I have an old dell desktop that uses windows 7. I haven't used it in long time and it just stays there. But i want to upgrade it to windows 10 as well. I read you can still do the upgrade.

1. How do i update it from windows 7 to windows 10? I don't see option like on windows update when i go on start menu?

2. Can you do this without a usb flash drive? I read you need one that is 8gb at least. I have a 4gb one but also bigger ones but don't want to use it because this windows desktop, not sure if it has viruses/malware on it. So can i do the upgrade just like that?

3. Will upgrading to 10 delete everything off my computer? I prefer this because when i did the clean reinstall many times on my desktop, it always saved like old files in the c drive where instead of it showing like 430gb of 450gb total, it showed like 412gb of 450gb free.

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Upgrading Windows 7 To Windows 10 On Old Computer Without USB?

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading Windows 7 To Windows 10 On Old Computer Without USB?

1. Upgrading Windows 7 To Windows 10 On Old Computer Without USB? - Similar Threads - Upgrading Old Computer

2. How do I install windows 7 on my old laptop without a usb and without errors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install windows 7 on my old laptop without a usb and without errors?: It won't let me install windows 7 on my old laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-7-on-my-old-laptop/f9f028f0-d7e0-4197-8a28-42bfeb58856a
  3. How do I install windows 7 on my old laptop without a usb and without errors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install windows 7 on my old laptop without a usb and without errors?: It won't let me install windows 7 on my old laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-7-on-my-old-laptop/f9f028f0-d7e0-4197-8a28-42bfeb58856a
  4. upgrade from activated windows 7 to a digital windows 10 pro without a USB method

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade from activated windows 7 to a digital windows 10 pro without a USB method: I,purchased this laptop in 2022 with windows 10 pro,preinstalled and activated. That operating system crashed ,so I used a window 7 disk and activated it, today.How do I get windows 10 pro back onto the laptop?...
  5. upgrade from activated windows 7 to a digital windows 10 pro without a USB method

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from activated windows 7 to a digital windows 10 pro without a USB method: I,purchased this laptop in 2022 with windows 10 pro,preinstalled and activated. That operating system crashed ,so I used a window 7 disk and activated it, today.How do I get windows 10 pro back onto the laptop?...
  6. upgrade from activated windows 7 to a digital windows 10 pro without a USB method

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 via usb without losing data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 7 via usb without losing data?: Hello, The old motherboard on my custom desktop broke so I had to replace it with a new one as well as a few other new components. I was previously running Windows 7 on my old mobo but I just learned after installing my new one that it is only Windows 10 compatible. So, I...
  8. OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10: I HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON AN OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7? I JUST BOUGHT A NEW "HP LAPTOP" WITH WINDOWS 10, AND OPENED A NEW ACCOUNT BY ACCIDENT, USING PHONE # 1-850-225-4905~!! MY OLD ACCOUNT IS "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" and is what i use to sign-in to...
  9. Upgrade Old Slow Windows 7 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Old Slow Windows 7 Laptop?: I currently use a windows 10 pro dell xps 15 9550 laptop. This is my main laptop. I just did a windows 7 to windows 10 update on an old dell desktop that i have not used in a long time. Its just sitting there so i figure i update it anyways if i use it in the future. A...
  10. Upgrading an Old Windows 7 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading an Old Windows 7 Desktop?: Hey all got a question. I have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that i bought around 2010 or so. I haven't used it in a while. I got it from dell.com. When i check the settings i5 750 processor at 2.67ghz 4gb ram 500gb hard drive Im pretty certain the hard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrading win 7 without 10 key

2. can windows 7 be upgraded to windows 10 on an old computer