Windows 10: Upgrading Windows 7 using media creation tool

Discus and support Upgrading Windows 7 using media creation tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am using the media creation tool to upgrade Windows 7 to 10. I have the licence for both. Getting "there was a problem running preinstall.cmd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joe_64, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Joe_64 Win User

Upgrading Windows 7 using media creation tool

Hi
    I am using the media creation tool to upgrade Windows 7 to 10. I have the licence for both.

Getting "there was a problem running preinstall.cmd scripts" error

Any help greatly appreciated

:)

Joe_64, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Kyhi Win User

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

Kyhi, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Problems upgrading to Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool.

Hi Abel,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Which operating system are you currently running on your computer?

• Is you’re your anti-virus utility software disabled?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the steps provided below and
    check if it helps.

Method 1

Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows
    10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Clean Boot:

Notes

• You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.

• Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or
      experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.

• If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced
      boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below, in order to perform a clean boot on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I also suggest you to refer to the link below for more information about downloading Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Upgrading Windows 7 using media creation tool

creation of windows 10 media

Hi Jithesh,

You might face this issue if the downloaded setup file is corrupted.

• Did you try to download the setup again?
    • Did you try to upgrade through Windows Update?

First, I would suggest you to try updating through Windows Update and check if you are able to upgrade to Windows 10. If you are unable to upgrade through Windows Update, then I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO again and save it locally
    on the desktop and then try to run the upgrade.

Media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading Windows 7 using media creation tool

1. Upgrading Windows 7 using media creation tool - Similar Threads - Upgrading using media

2. Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 media creation tool error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 media creation tool error: Hi I'm trying to upgrade my win 7 pc to win 10 with media creation tool and i keep getting error 0x80072F8F–0x20000 i tried everything but it still doesn't workCan you help?...
  3. Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 media creation tool error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 media creation tool error: Hi I'm trying to upgrade my win 7 pc to win 10 with media creation tool and i keep getting error 0x80072F8F–0x20000 i tried everything but it still doesn't workCan you help?...
  4. Windows 7 media creation tool resources?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 media creation tool resources?: Hi community;I have a HP Compaq 6910p, it's a fairly old enterprise laptop from 2005, which leads me to my question:Why aren't there any resources at all, even archived that allow me to install a version of windows 7 media creation tool or below?Any link I find either...
  5. Windows 7 media creation tool resources?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 media creation tool resources?: Hi community;I have a HP Compaq 6910p, it's a fairly old enterprise laptop from 2005, which leads me to my question:Why aren't there any resources at all, even archived that allow me to install a version of windows 7 media creation tool or below?Any link I find either...
  6. Media creation tool is not working in windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media creation tool is not working in windows 7: I am trying to run media creation tool to upgrade my windows7 to windows 10 but it does not starts and give message "' There was problem starting the set up. close the tool, restart your pc and then try running the tool again." i did all the possible solutions but can trun...
  7. UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL"

UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL": We plan to upgrade a Win 7 desktop to Win 10 via "Media Creation Tool". We did this once before on another PC and it worked. But we would like to choose what is to be saved. Is there a prompt/option within the process where we could simply save our "User" folder with our...
  8. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  9. Win 7 Media Creation Tool

Win 7 Media Creation Tool: Is there a Media Creation Tool for Win 7? I am thinking of putting Win 7 on a separate disk to dual boot to play some games that won't play on Win 10. Still have Win 7 disks but they take forever to clean install. 102484
  10. Failed to upgrade to Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Failed to upgrade to Windows 10 using the media creation tool: I am awaiting notification from my reserved place in line to upgrade to Windows 10 on my PC desktop. At present, my OS is Windows 7 Professional 64. After waiting since July 29, I decided to download the Media Creation Toolx64.exe from the Microsoft website and use it to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 7 MediaCreationTool

2. upgrade 7 to 10 creation tool

3. upgrading windows 7 to windows 10 using media creation tool