Windows 10: Upload speed capped on windows 10

Discus and support Upload speed capped on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay so, for some unknown reason, my computer and brand new laptop both running on windows 10 home, are capping my upload speed at 7.9mbps (exactly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmaadHasan, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Upload speed capped on windows 10

Okay so, for some unknown reason, my computer and brand new laptop both running on windows 10 home, are capping my upload speed at 7.9mbps (exactly 0.6mbps from my router's upload sync speed). At first it may seem normal to be running slightly lower than the upload sync speed, however on all my mobile phone devices, speed tests show that my phones are reaching between 9-10mbps. The exact same speed tests (And other speed tests) on my computer and new laptop show that the upload speed is being capped at 7.9mbps.

The router is new. I have recently had the line fixed so there's no issue there. The fact that my new out of the box laptop is also capping it makes me believe there's no malware or virus issue going on here. The only thing I have narrowed it down to is that Windows itself is capping the speed somehow. I have also tried connecting to the router via ethernet cable however the speed is still capping at 7.9mbps. It is ALWAYS capping 0.6mbps under the sync speed and I'm not sure what is causing it.

:)

AmaadHasan, Nov 12, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Upload speed capped on windows 10

Upload Speed

Hi

I was wondering why my upload speed was .92 or .70 and i want to fix it so does anyone have any suggestions to fix my upload speed?

By the way i live in the wide country and i was wondering if that had anything to do with that.

Thanks

XavierMoats Decamp, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Upload speed capped on windows 10

1. Upload speed capped on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upload speed capped

2. No upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No upload speed: Hi,I'm having an issue with my upload speed on this PC. Windows 10 Home - 22H2Intel core i7 - 9700 CPU @ 3.00 Ghz64 bit operating systemI tested other computers in the house and there are no issues. All downloads and upload speed are as they should be. I got a new router from...
  3. No upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No upload speed: Hi,I'm having an issue with my upload speed on this PC. Windows 10 Home - 22H2Intel core i7 - 9700 CPU @ 3.00 Ghz64 bit operating systemI tested other computers in the house and there are no issues. All downloads and upload speed are as they should be. I got a new router from...
  4. No upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Upload Speed

Upload Speed: I live in a house with 4 other people. My computer and one other computer runs on ethernet. Everyone else's upload speed in 30-40 mb/s while mine is always less than 1mb/s. Everyone has good download speed and mine is 97-105 consistently on Ethernet, and everyone else's is...
  6. Upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed: So first of all I’m streamer and the minimum speed I need for good quality stream is has to be around 30 or more less than that it’s not working for me anyway when I had windows 10 my upload speed was 30 or 40 when I changed it windows 11 the maximum upload speed is 15 on my...
  7. Upload speed

Upload speed: So first of all I’m streamer and the minimum speed I need for good quality stream is has to be around 30 or more less than that it’s not working for me anyway when I had windows 10 my upload speed was 30 or 40 when I changed it windows 11 the maximum upload speed is 15 on my...
  8. Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps

Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps: Hi, For some reason my upload speed is capped at 100 Mbps, it should reach 250 Mbps. I tried restarting in Safe Mode with network, and the speed was as it should be, but in normal mode it isn't. What else can I do? What I tried: 1. Uninstall all network drives, and...
  9. Windows Upload Speed

Windows Upload Speed: Hi all, I am having a very strange issue which i can't find the resolution to. I have an internet connection in which i have two lines being combined together through SD-WAN link aggregation so that i can combine the upload speed on both connection. Theoretically each...
  10. Speed Capped 1mbps Windows 10

Speed Capped 1mbps Windows 10: Okay so i dont know why but sometimes my Internet speed is back to 40mbps and sometimes it capped on 1mbps what the hell just happen guys,can someone help fix this issue??pls help im struggling with this 1mbps speed and its only on my PC.....