Windows 10: Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

Discus and support Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a poor upload speed in comparison to my download speed and it is causing me some issues.But i believe my issue may be fairly unique and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RK_1ZN, Mar 25, 2023.

1. RK_1ZN Win User

Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

I have a poor upload speed in comparison to my download speed and it is causing me some issues.But i believe my issue may be fairly unique and I have done many checks.So in summary I have 900mbps download and should receive 500mbps upload. What I get is 900mbps download to 0.3mbps upload. I have verified this with Ookla speed test, google speed test both on Firefox and Chrome I get the same results regardless. I have turned my router and modem off and on.The checks i've carried out are as follows:Apart from checking the speed, I have verified the results by pluging in the ethernet cable in an

:)

RK_1ZN, Mar 25, 2023

2. Slow upload speed

I have a cable service which is supposed to provide download speed of 300 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps. My PC is connected to the service providers modem via an ethernet cable. I recently had a problem with both speeds being ultra low. A technician
    visited and traced the problem to a broken copper wire tip on the input cable to the modem. He cut the end off the cable and crimped a new connector on. He ran some tests presumably to check that no other faults existed, reconnected the cable to the modem
    and both speeds ran within the correct ranges.

The next day I decided to run a speed test and the download speed was fine but the upload speed was very low (down to 1.9 Mbps).

being curious I disconnected the infeed cable to the modem and checked the new connection. Everything looked fine so i reconnected the cable and ran another speed test. Both speeds were back up where they should be.

The next day I ran another speed test and the upload speed was low again. This time disconnecting and reconnecting the input cable to the modem did not resolve the problem.

Sorry for being so long winded here but my technical knowledge is rather limited and I prefer not to play with things I do not understand, but my question, "should I be concerned about the slow upload speed?" It does not appear to be causing any great problem
    but the technician who visited did indicate that a slow upload speed could cause other problems with the modem, such as it automatically rebooting itself. This has occurred twice since the slow upload speed came back.

Other than going back to the service provider and waiting until they can send another technician out, is there anything I can do myself to resolve the problem?

mumbogumbo, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse.

I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I expect, but my upload speed was anywhere from .10 - 1.5mbps

Today I made sure it wasn't the cable/router itself so I plugged the ethernet cable that's in my PC now into one of my laptops and the download and upload were where they should be.

I followed the advice listed in those two links below and all that has come from it was my download speed is now anywhere from 20-130 mbps... and my upload hasn't gotten better at all.

I don't how the problem has gotten worse but anything else I could do?

Thanks in advance!

Redirecting

Redirecting

Andrew Lewis2, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

1. Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC - Similar Threads - Upload Speed slow

2. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow upload speed: Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/681b3aa1-93a9-4e67-82ae-4babdb3c65d4
  3. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow upload speed: Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/681b3aa1-93a9-4e67-82ae-4babdb3c65d4
  4. Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC: I have a poor upload speed in comparison to my download speed and it is causing me some issues.But i believe my issue may be fairly unique and I have done many checks.So in summary I have 900mbps download and should receive 500mbps upload. What I get is 900mbps download to...
  5. Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC: I have a poor upload speed in comparison to my download speed and it is causing me some issues.But i believe my issue may be fairly unique and I have done many checks.So in summary I have 900mbps download and should receive 500mbps upload. What I get is 900mbps download to...
  6. Upload Speed is slow only on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload Speed is slow only on Win 10: Hi AllI found a post from April 25 2021 where Lester BernardReyes solved the issue for OP.I have the exact same issue whereby my WIn 10 machine is limiting upload to around 3Mbps both wired and wireless whereas every other device I use, Win11, Mancbook, iPhone etc is getting...
  7. Upload Speed is slow only on Win 10

Upload Speed is slow only on Win 10: Hi AllI found a post from April 25 2021 where Lester BernardReyes solved the issue for OP.I have the exact same issue whereby my WIn 10 machine is limiting upload to around 3Mbps both wired and wireless whereas every other device I use, Win11, Mancbook, iPhone etc is getting...
  8. Upload Speed is slow only on Win 10

9. Upload Speed is slow only on Win 10.

Upload Speed is slow only on Win 10.: Hello all!Ok yes here we go, slow internet speeds. But i believe my issue may be fairly unique and I have done many checks.I have a poor upload speed in comparison to my download speed and it is causing me some issues. I require a fast upload speed as I conduct many online...
  10. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow upload speed: Have 3 computers on network. 2 have good upload of 2KB the other has upload of 0.1. Any suggestion to improve the upload by alteration of settings or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/9d1163f2-f95f-4cb1-85f5-5387127f331a