Windows 10: Uploaded pics not saving to date folder

Discus and support Uploaded pics not saving to date folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So up until yesterday and for no reason, my pictures uploaded from my SD cards are saving 'individually' under a dsc number .before that they would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TinaRushfield, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Uploaded pics not saving to date folder

So up until yesterday and for no reason, my pictures uploaded from my SD cards are saving 'individually' under a dsc number .before that they would automatically all go into a folder that was already given that days date. the only thing that changed was I had to upload some pics from my camera, and after that everything changed. Please help I need to see my pictures my date for my job. Thanks.

:)

TinaRushfield, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Copying down file folders with names and growing dates

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create multiple folders of same name with progressive dates, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you.

• Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where you want the folders to be created.
    • On the address bar, where the folder path is displayed, erase the folder path and type
      CMD to open a Command Prompt window.
    • Once the Command Prompt window opens, copy paste the following command and hit Enter:

for %d in (2019.6.17 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.18 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.19 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.20 Job Progress Pics, etc) do mkdir %d

Note:

Replace ‘etc’ with rest of the dates for the month. (Eg: ‘2019.6.X Job Progress Pics’ where X is the date)

• Exit Command Prompt and see if multiple folders are created with the progressive dates on the preferred location.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 6, 2020
  3. vivking1 Win User
    i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open the folder

i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open the folder

vivking1, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Uploaded pics not saving to date folder

Change photo tags for upload...not afterwards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to sort the photos by date in the saved location and check if it helps.

To do so, follow the below steps:

• Open the folder where the photos are saved.

• Click on View tab.

• Click Group by, then click Date.
    Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Uploaded pics not saving to date folder

1. Uploaded pics not saving to date folder - Similar Threads - Uploaded pics saving

2. File Explorer upload not leaving off where folder was last at See pics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer upload not leaving off where folder was last at See pics: It reverts to this file location here- https://i.gyazo.com/57b2bad3cffe82035083102069662e1d.png PICS KEEPS FAILING UPLOAD SO I POSTED LINKand here is where I want it to stay on https://gyazo.com/5fa53b4894d18739678a2ac3ec9eccfbNot understanding why it keeps reverting to that...
  3. Date saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date saved: I am trying to move some of my old files to a more recent drive. I cannot find any way to save the dates of the old files in the more recent drive. So far, the only way I can save the old dates is to use Microsoft 8.1. Help!...
  4. Date saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date saved: I am trying to move some of my old files to a more recent drive. I cannot find any way to save the dates of the old files in the more recent drive. So far, the only way I can save the old dates is to use Microsoft 8.1. Help!...
  5. Date saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Camera not importing pics by date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera not importing pics by date: Part of my job requires using a DSLR to shoot pics of inanimate objects, and then importing them to my work laptop. On my old work laptop, running Windows 10, the pics were automatically sorted into folders based on the month and year, which was helpful when I needed to grab...
  7. Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date

Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date: I'm not sure what happened but usually I can download pics from sd card and they go to a folder with the date. Now each pic is saved individually. How can I get it back to the way it was before....
  8. Uploading pics

Uploading pics: I recently upgraded to Windows 10, now when I upload pics to send, the pics will load sideways and broader which makes it distorted. No matter which way I flip the pic before i send, it will never send correctly, how can I fix this?...
  9. Uploading a pic from camera or phone

Uploading a pic from camera or phone: I was wondering if Microsoft has changed the process of doing a upload. In window XP and before you were able to name the photos not just the folder. I do not want all my pictures starting with IMG...….. I had a certain way that I loaded my pics so I can find the ones I...
  10. Uploading pics

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uploading pics: Hello, How can I upload pics to wallpaper library to Microsoft users? WR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-pics/1e7a8589-46da-46f5-bc24-9d6f6c0f90d2