Windows 10: Uploading a large photo library to OneDrive, library larger than my PC drive?

Discus and support Uploading a large photo library to OneDrive, library larger than my PC drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello: I have a ~300GB photo library. I want to get all these photos in to my OneDrive space have 1TB allocation. I can not sync this on my local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mniii, Jan 17, 2020.

1. mniii Win User

Uploading a large photo library to OneDrive, library larger than my PC drive?

Hello:

I have a ~300GB photo library. I want to get all these photos in to my OneDrive space have 1TB allocation. I can not sync this on my local PC to one drive because I do no have the hard disk space. All these photos currently reside on a USB drive. I have tried repeatedly to upload them using the web browser but it appears the browser at some point times out and I can never get all the files up loaded. Is there some other tool or way to get these photos onto OneDrive other than breaking the library up into small batches? Is there some other up-loader tool?

Thanks,

mniii

:)

mniii, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jan 17, 2020
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Jan 17, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Large upload to Onedrive

The first step is to purchase or otherwise have that much free space in OneDrive.

The second step is to make sure that no individual file is larger than 10 GB since that is OneDrive's limit for a single file. (OneDrive for Business has a larger cap.)

The third step is to simply drag and drop your files onto the OneDrive interface. That much data will take several days to upload.

BulldogXX, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Uploading a large photo library to OneDrive, library larger than my PC drive? - Similar Threads - Uploading large photo

2. How do upload my music library to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do upload my music library to OneDrive: How do upload my entire music library to OneDrive and what type of player do I need to listen to my music? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-upload-my-music-library-to-onedrive/6fc31924-bda3-46cd-a2fa-bff5158b856c
  3. How do upload my music library to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do upload my music library to OneDrive: How do upload my entire music library to OneDrive and what type of player do I need to listen to my music? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-upload-my-music-library-to-onedrive/6fc31924-bda3-46cd-a2fa-bff5158b856c
  4. Problem with onedrive libraries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with onedrive libraries: Hi,I have removed OneDrive a long time ago. Since then, I had 2 libraries of pictures and documents. They used different path.The path I want to keep is this one : C:\Users\%user%\Pictures C:\Users\%user%\DocumentsThe folder I want to remove is that one :...
  5. Problem with onedrive libraries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with onedrive libraries: Hi,I have removed OneDrive a long time ago. Since then, I had 2 libraries of pictures and documents. They used different path.The path I want to keep is this one : C:\Users\%user%\Pictures C:\Users\%user%\DocumentsThe folder I want to remove is that one :...
  6. Problem with onedrive libraries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Help With OneDrive and File Libraries

Help With OneDrive and File Libraries: So I recently installed a new hard drive to my laptop, in addition to the small ssd I had been using. I backed up all my files, and started moving my files to the E: drive. During this process, I also uninstalled onedrive, because I dont want it. I successfully relocated all...
  8. uploading songs to my library in I Tunes

uploading songs to my library in I Tunes: I have uploaded 12 songs into my iTunes. Now I am lost, how do I now transfer that data songs and create a playlist? once I unplug the device I have been using I will lose the songs. I have unsuccessfully tried to create a playlist or file to store them in permanently. I am...
  9. Can I upload google photos to my microsoft library?

Can I upload google photos to my microsoft library?: having trouble uploading google photos to my Microsoft library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upload-google-photos-to-my-microsoft-library/253f3dfa-961f-40ba-ab84-ccf1849e86fc"
  10. Move Library Folders to OneDrive

Move Library Folders to OneDrive: I seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the process to move folders to OneDrive. I've followed all the directions that I've found and can't seem to get the locations moved. When I attempt to select a new location it simply keeps coming back to the "New Location"...