Windows 10: Uploading and attaching word and excel files in Windows 10

Discus and support Uploading and attaching word and excel files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just got a new computer with Windows 10. I am unable to upload Word and Excel files to my website or attach them in my email. I can do it with pdf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stlveg, Jan 11, 2019.

1. stlveg Win User

Uploading and attaching word and excel files in Windows 10

Just got a new computer with Windows 10. I am unable to upload Word and Excel files to my website or attach them in my email. I can do it with pdf files. The files are small so that is not the issue. I have tried several browsers, Edge, Mozilla and Chrome. HELP!

:)

stlveg, Jan 11, 2019
  2. sumanmdl Win User

How to attach word, excel or pdf file.

Kindly tell me how to attach any pdf, word or excel file with any mail because when I am opening attachment of any mail it is opening album and asking for attaching picture but there is no option for word, excel or pdf file.

sumanmdl, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Cannot open WORD of EXCEL email attachments

• Since switch to Windows 10 from 7 I have not been able to open Word or Excel docs that are attached to emails.
    • I get 'This file is corrupt and cannot be opened' or Word experienced an error trying to open this file'
    • I cannot save these files although jpeg files can be opened
    • I use Windows Live Mail, NHSmail (a secure NHS system) and also TalkTalk webmail for an old Tiscali address
    • I have tried DCOMCNFG procedure but this does not change any settings as they are already in the recommended setting
    • If I attach a document (Word or Excel) to my own email and then try to open the document (from the e-mail) before sending it the computer comes up with the error statements in 2 above
    • The only way around this is if I forward a received email (with attachment) to a friend who then opens the attachment and saves it to memory stick. If I then plug the stick into my computer I can open the document and save it to my computer.
    • Please help, I've already wasted a day!

ChrisGosling, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Uploading and attaching word and excel files in Windows 10

Cannot open WORD of EXCEL email attachments

The answer is not helpful. How does one get from the Control Panel in Windows 10 to Microsoft Office in order to "repair" it?

"Upgrading" to Microsoft 10 before it was thoroughly de-bugged may be a major mistake,

Philip1025, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Uploading and attaching word and excel files in Windows 10

1. Uploading and attaching word and excel files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Uploading attaching word

2. attachment and upload problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    attachment and upload problem: My problem is that I cannot make e-mail attachments or upload images to sites like tumblr or deviant art. In some cases I get an error message like UNKNOWN ERROR but mostly they just never finish loading even after 5 minutes of waiting. This happens in Chrome, Firefox and...
  3. Cannot attach Word doc to gmail or upload to Google Drive

Cannot attach Word doc to gmail or upload to Google Drive: Neither can I upload documents to Google Drive, so pretty sure it's an File Explorer issue. I can attach PDFs and other file types.I have an HP laptop running Windows 10.I already tried the following:Opened Gmail in a different browser both Chromoe and Firefoxfollowed all the...
  4. Upload files to Word and Xcel.

Upload files to Word and Xcel.: I receive this message when trying to open a Word or Xcel file from an email. What do I do to correct?"Upload complete! We've opened your uploaded file in a separate window. Feel free to close this dialog."...
  5. Cannot open Word or Excel attachments

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Word or Excel attachments: After a Windows update 11/03/2021, I can no longer open Word or Excel attachments in MS Outlook. I can open Word documents and Excel spreadsheets on my own laptop and on my phone. I can open PDF and JPG....
  6. not able attach file and upload in gmail,outlook in windows 10

not able attach file and upload in gmail,outlook in windows 10: I am not able to attach file and send in outlook, gmail or any other webmail. Sudeep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-attach-file-and-upload-in-gmailoutlook-in/567f14d7-fa39-4190-911c-b464833c1729
  7. Cant upload any files or attachments

Cant upload any files or attachments: I have a Dell XPS laptop, running windows 10. For some reason, no matter what browser I use, I cannot attach files to email or upload files to anything. It just spins and spins, then says it cant upload. I tried at home and at work. Not sure what to do next?...
  8. Unable to upload Microsoft Word/Excel on Gmail

Unable to upload Microsoft Word/Excel on Gmail: I'm unable to upload Microsoft Word/Excel documents on Gmail. PDF, Powerpoint etc is fine. I've cleared my cache as posts suggest. Nothing. I'm also using the latest Adobe flash. I've tried it on Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. All the same. I'm on Windows...
  9. Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments: I am using Chrome as my browser. No attachments will open from email! So even when I save these files and even rename the files, no attachments are opening. I keep getting messages that the files are corrupt or that the file name and association don't match (which is not...
  10. Windows File Explorer is slow when attaching files to upload

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows File Explorer is slow when attaching files to upload: Every time I need to upload something like to an email or a website asking for a document like a resume. I click "attach file" then a file explorer window opens quickly but when I try to navigate to another window it takes like 2 mins to load. This does NOT happen when I open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when attaching a word document to email from one drive get error message that download failed

2. problem with attaching files from word