Windows 10: uploading and sharing audio files

Discus and support uploading and sharing audio files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Audacity for recording songs. I record in Aud files and export to a mp3 file then add the to my folder. I can not send them to mail or any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gingerchristian, Jun 26, 2019.

1. uploading and sharing audio files

I use Audacity for recording songs. I record in Aud files and export to a mp3 file then add the to my folder. I can not send them to mail or any other app. I can play them on google play and some other players but can not forward them to I message or email. Any suggestions?

:)

gingerchristian, Jun 26, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Jun 26, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

uploading and sharing audio files

Limit each person to what they can upload ?, well that's terrible after time as posted pics end up deleted and leave useful threads with missing pictures.

Or did it misunderstand point number 2.

AsRock, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

uploading and sharing audio files

1. uploading and sharing audio files - Similar Threads - uploading sharing audio

2. Uploaded files history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploaded files history: Hi all, I'm needing some help at finding some uploaded files. Recently i uploaded 2 files from my computer to a submission portal. this was part of a research paper submission. The upload process went right. However, now I'm unsure whether those were the right files, but...
  3. uploaded files log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uploaded files log: Hi all, I'm needing some help at finding some uploaded files. Recently i uploaded 2 files from my computer to a submission portal. this was part of a research paper submission. The upload process went right. However, now I'm unsure whether those were the right files, but...
  4. uploaded files log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uploaded files log: Hi all, I'm needing some help at finding some uploaded files. Recently i uploaded 2 files from my computer to a submission portal. this was part of a research paper submission. The upload process went right. However, now I'm unsure whether those were the right files, but...
  5. uploaded files log

6. Picture File Upload

Picture File Upload: Awhile back I Used to be able to Upload a photo to whatever. Now, when I go to do the same thing, it has No information on that file. I'll put my cursor on it and says the Size of it but when I go to Upload, it doesn't do anything. It is a jpg.file. One had it as a png.file....
  7. uploading dmp files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uploading dmp files: I uploaded the dmp and msinfo file but I didn't know where to post the link please help. I've been getting bsod mid classes. Here's the onedrive link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgwuI1_B4pOJcbb6gQY9pNYFxGg?e=1xYJ3s...
  8. File upload

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File upload: I currently can't upload any files to any Drive, be it Google or Microsoft. It's not a browser issue as well. When i use Edge something popped up in Task Manager. "file picker ui host not responding" Appreciate any help...
  9. uploading files

in Windows 10 Customization
    uploading files: When I upload a file, then try to open, it shows up like in a different style that I can not read. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-files/410671e1-cdf7-4148-bdf8-974b0c9de4ec
  10. File Upload settings

File Upload settings: I often upload image files to Ancestry for my family tree. I keep the ones I use constantly in my Pictures Folder on my hard drive. Whenever I do an upload. Ancestry send the command to my computer. It always opens on my Desktop and I have to search out the file in...