Windows 10: Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing

Discus and support Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I do not see a way to upload existing videos in to the MS Photos app, yet everything on the store page says you can edit existing videos in that app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by K Sims, Nov 27, 2018.

1. K Sims Win User

Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing

I do not see a way to upload existing videos in to the MS Photos app, yet everything on the store page says you can edit existing videos in that app.

I have previously used Windows Movie Maker but that is not compatible with my new laptop.

I have watched youtube videos on how to do it and it's like I am missing some action buttons, but I have the most recent app update.

See below for a screen shot of the menu i have in the photo app. Also, the video file is MP4 Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing f6d9c67e-8f6e-447b-853d-8285d13133fe?upload=true.png

:)

K Sims, Nov 27, 2018

2. Editing an existing Project MP4 File to reduce the content and change the name of the Project

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps and check if that helps:

• Right click the file and select ‘open with’ to click on Photo app. This will open the file in the Photo app.
    • Now that you have opened the video file with the Photos app, click Edit & Create, and then click Trim option.
    • Finally, click ‘Save a copy’ option to create a new video file by omitting the trimmed portion of the video. The new video file can be found at the location of the original video.
    Suggest you to refer this article to edit a photo and check if that makes any difference.

Edit photos and videos:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/27916

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 27, 2018
  3. photo and video upload

Hi Marie,

To better assist you, we need to clarify your concern:

• Are your photos/videos stored on your iPhone 6, and you are trying to copy (upload) them to your Windows 10 computer?
    • Are you using Windows Photos app import feature to get photos/videos from your iPhone?

Regards.

Meliton Dec, Nov 27, 2018
  4. lxROKxl Win User

Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Uploading existing videos into the Microsoft Photos app for editing - Similar Threads - Uploading existing videos

2. Cannot edit videos with Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot edit videos with Photo App: Hi, the photo app in my new acer swift3 laptop does not allow any video edit functions, unlike my previous Acer laptop. I've tried several things: 1 Check windows update several times to confirm that I have all latest patches updated 2 Tried to install Photo app again, but...
  3. Photos App video editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App video editing: Spent an hour about a month ago trimming editing and adding BGM to a video, spent about an hour working on it, and when I rendered it seems like the app added this hue layer to everything, it made the sky purple or green in some cases, and made the water look pink. It was...
  4. Photos App not working for video editing

Photos App not working for video editing: After spending an hour editing a video, when I tried to complete it like I have many times I got an error message about disk space. I have plenty of disk space so I did a restart. I tried to complete the video again and got error message 0x887A0005 that I need to update my...
  5. Photos app - creation or editing of videos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos app - creation or editing of videos: I have purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home 1903 version not an "N" version as far as I can see. The Photos app does not allow the creation or editing of videos, despite updating the app. This is really important to me. Is there a media pack or something else I can...
  6. Uploads photos but not videos.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uploads photos but not videos.: I plug in my galaxy S8 and go to photos on my computer then click "import" only the photos will go on and not the videos. How can I get my videos from my phone onto te computer? submitted by /u/kyleisbuck [link] [comments]...
  7. Video Editing/Remix Missing From Microsoft Photos App

Video Editing/Remix Missing From Microsoft Photos App: In the past few weeks, I have been using the video editor feature in the Photos App on my laptop (latest Windows 10 build, Insider) However, I have noticed yesterday that the feature is missing. I have tried everything including resetting, uninstalling and reinstall, talking...
  8. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...
  9. Photos video stuck uploading

Photos video stuck uploading: I am nearly finished doing a very important video with a deadline looming. The video is currently stuck uploading. I am unable to make any further changes. How do I cancel the upload?...
  10. Microsoft Photos app to get better video editing features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Photos app to get better video editing features: If you haven’t been living under a rock, you know that the world is now home to a lot more “creators” than what was in it a few years ago. The reason behind this is not just talent, it is because of a large number of tools available. By tools, we mean apps that are on your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youtube copyright error upload microsoft photos