Windows 10: Uploading files slows down when connected through ethernet port

Discus and support Uploading files slows down when connected through ethernet port in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I am trying to upload a file to tax portals the file transfer slows down and stops when the upload is about 60~90% complete when I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VijayPaikoti, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Uploading files slows down when connected through ethernet port

Whenever I am trying to upload a file to tax portals the file transfer slows down and stops when the upload is about 60~90% complete when I am connected to the modem/router through wired ethernet port. But when I am connected to the modem/router wirelessly, the upload is quick. What must be the reason? I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I tried resetting winsock, network settings etc. but it doesn't help.

:)

VijayPaikoti, Nov 12, 2019

2. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Hello,

A faulty Ethernet port can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To isolate your concern, if available, we suggest that you try to use a
    USB Ethernet adapter and check if the issue persists.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the additional troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link to help us fix the issue that your experiencing
    using hardwired connection.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Zedrick Del, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Nov 12, 2019
  4. aks45 Win User

Uploading files slows down when connected through ethernet port

Ethernet connection/port on my laptop

Thanks for the suggested solution which I tried. My feedback:

• Update download was completed but installation did not complete and the message popped up that stated that update is not compatible and cannot be installed.

Info sought in your mail is as follows:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
      • Window 10 Pro
      • Version 1709
      • OS Build 16299.192
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
      • Dell Alienware
      • 15" Laptop
      • System 64 bit os x64-based processor
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using another Ethernet cable?
      • yes, tried different cables
      • (also same ethernet cable & connection works on my mac notebook)
    • Have you made any changes to your computer setting before this issue occurred?
      • Can't say with certainty about changes, if any, made. Normally i don't fiddle with the laptop systems.
      • ethernet port was working just fine and suddenly became dsysfunctional about two weeks back.
      • Checked Network adapters in the device manager which highlights Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller with a yellow mark. Also checked network adapter driver which states that installed driver is the latest.

aks45, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Uploading files slows down when connected through ethernet port

1. Uploading files slows down when connected through ethernet port - Similar Threads - Uploading files slows

2. slow ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow ethernet connection: Hello, recently I kept downloading games but then I realized that my ethernet connection is slow, 500 kbps :scream: I tried changing my DNS, checking for any updates, clearing my cache via command prompt, and many more. I tried plugging in the ethernet cable into my laptop,...
  3. My browsers dont connect to the internet on my laptop when connected through the ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My browsers dont connect to the internet on my laptop when connected through the ethernet port: My browsers dont connect to the internet on my laptop when connected through the ethernet port but work on wifi. As a note I am connected to internet and am able to use windows update or discord on ethernet but just not the browsers. I tried different cables and also tried...
  4. My browsers dont connect to the internet on my laptop when connected through the ethernet port

My browsers dont connect to the internet on my laptop when connected through the ethernet port: My browsers dont connect to the internet on my laptop when connected through the ethernet port but work on wifi. As a note I am connected to internet and am able to use windows update or discord on ethernet but just not the browsers. I tried different cables and also tried...
  5. My browsers dont connect to the internet on my laptop when connected through the ethernet port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow upload speeds with ethernet: My download speeds are through the roof at over 800mb/s but my upload speed is sitting at a pathetic 0.3-1mb/sI've tried disabling LSO, updating drivers, deleting the device and switching cords and ports. My brothers PC is working perfectly fine with the same downlopad speed...
  7. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

Very slow upload speeds with ethernet: My download speeds are through the roof at over 800mb/s but my upload speed is sitting at a pathetic 0.3-1mb/sI've tried disabling LSO, updating drivers, deleting the device and switching cords and ports. My brothers PC is working perfectly fine with the same downlopad speed...
  8. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

9. Slow upload speed to any Microsoft services on Ethernet connection

Slow upload speed to any Microsoft services on Ethernet connection: I'm experiencing a really weird thing while uploading a file to any Microsoft services like Skype or OneDrive using my Gbps ethernet connection. The upload speed is limited to 2mbps only. When uploading to any other server e.g. youtube or any other website using the same...
  10. Privacy error when connecting through ethernet

Privacy error when connecting through ethernet: When i'm connecting through wi-fi everything works, but when i connect ethernet cable on every browser i get privacy errors. (for. Example on chrome net:: ERR_cert_authority_invalid, on mozilla ssl_error_bad_mac_read). None of applications can connect to internet too. I tried...