Windows 10: Uploading imported photos from photos app Windows 10 to OneDrive

Discus and support Uploading imported photos from photos app Windows 10 to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I uploaded photos directly into my photos app in Windows 10 from my camera. Although these are available in my photos app they do not appear in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lsharps, Jan 10, 2020.

1. lsharps Win User

Uploading imported photos from photos app Windows 10 to OneDrive

I uploaded photos directly into my photos app in Windows 10 from my camera. Although these are available in my photos app they do not appear in my OneDrive even though automatic syncing is on.

Without having to go through and find the uploaded pictures amongst others about 1000 in all, how can I get these synced? Because they were uploaded directly to photos, I don’t think they are in another folder in file explorer but I might be wrong? Am I missing something obvious?

To summarise, all my photos from my iphone or pictures appear in OneDrive but not the ones taken from my camera which are uploaded directly to the photos app.

:)

lsharps, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Carlo Win User
    Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App

After several weeks work putting together a holiday video using the Windows 10 Photo App when I now open the app it can no longer find any of my photos. Every file in the Storyboard shows the sad emoticon and a message stating "We can't find this file".

I have tried all of the obvious steps of updating Settings -> Sources to include the folder containing all the source material (E:\Photos)

Being understandably reluctant to give up completely on my work I discovered that the file format is SQLite and so managed to open the database using DB Browser for SQLite. The table Folder reveals the list below. I have tried various SQL scripts to try to correct the references to point to E:\Photos, all of which have failed.

When first opening the database to view the folders I also receive a message stating I have missing collating sequences. I've been told this is because the database is using collating sequences that are missing in DB Browser.

Can anyone please suggest how to correct the references in the database so that Windows 10 Photo App is able to find my photos?

Carlo, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Uploading imported photos from photos app Windows 10 to OneDrive

Photo albums from Photos app won't upload to OneDrive,

The Photos app is hung up and won't complete the upload of an album to OneDrive. Can't cancel. It's just dead. OneDrive shows nothing in progress of uploading. Other than that the photo app works ok. Running the latest version of Windows 10, 1709.

ken miller 977, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Uploading imported photos from photos app Windows 10 to OneDrive

1. Uploading imported photos from photos app Windows 10 to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Uploading imported photos

2. Not all photos will be uploaded in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not all photos will be uploaded in OneDrive.: Hello. My laptop is synced with my phone and not all photos are uploaded, just photo icons instead. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-photos-will-be-uploaded-in-onedrive/5ccfd2bd-fcab-4d7b-a523-048a3aababb7
  3. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  4. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  5. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can not upload photos to Facebook from Windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not upload photos to Facebook from Windows 10 photos app: Can not upload photos from windows to Facebook. Using the Microsoft edge browser. When I click the photo option on Facebook it doesn't even give the windows photo app as an option, just takes me to my file browser and makes me chose from Picture. What am I doing wrong?...
  7. Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10: I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Windows 10. I updated iTunes, updated my iPhone, have tried multiple cords, all of the ports on the laptop, restarted my iPhone, restarted the computer. I have finally got it to begin the process of importing them but it stops...
  8. Photos app doesn't import photos from Iphone

Photos app doesn't import photos from Iphone: Hello, I'm trying to import my photos from Iphone X. Actually, I'm using Photos app, that Microsoft provided. Actually, I have 2 possible scenarios: 1. The application stop (is not responding) after initialization of 2000 photos 2. The application can initialize 2100...
  9. Windows 10 Photos app lost imported photos

Windows 10 Photos app lost imported photos: Hello, I just recently used the Photos app to import a bunch of raw photos from a DSLR which I was going to use for a project. After the import was complete, I formatted the memory card on my camera to save space. However, when I go to the photos app now, I cannot find...
  10. uploading photos from photos app to a website

uploading photos from photos app to a website: Hi - I want to upload some photos from the photo app to a website, so I can print them. I can't seem to be able to access the photos app (only pictures) as an upload option. Can you help?...