Windows 10: Uploading iPhone photos to Microsoft Windows Photos App

Discus and support Uploading iPhone photos to Microsoft Windows Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have updated both my iTunes and the latest version of the Photos app, and I am still having an issue importing photos/videos from my phone. I "import... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SClancy, Mar 3, 2020.

1. SClancy Win User

Uploading iPhone photos to Microsoft Windows Photos App

I have updated both my iTunes and the latest version of the Photos app, and I am still having an issue importing photos/videos from my phone. I "import from device" and "trust the computer" and the download begins. The screen shows that 14,000+ photos are found and then the entire process stops.

In the past, it would show XXX amount of photos are found and give the option to "import all" or "import new" - I don't understand why the process stops before these options are available.

I would like to import the pictures/videos from my phone to my computer by month, and preferably only the "new" ones that are not already uploaded.

PLEASE HELP!

:)

SClancy, Mar 3, 2020

2. how to transfer photos from iphone to pc?

I suggest you use the search string "Iphone photo transfer" but I found this:

How to Transfer Photo from iPod to Computer?

DaedalusHelios, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Javo Win User
    iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

Javo, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Ivycao Win User

how to transfer photos from iphone to pc?

There are some photos in my iphone and I want to transfer them to my pc for editing.The problem is,none of these photos was taken by iphone so it's not easy to transfer.I have done it once before but this time it doesn't work out.I really don't know which step is wrong!Could u pls help me...

Ivycao, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Uploading iPhone photos to Microsoft Windows Photos App - Similar Threads - Uploading iPhone photos

2. Can't upload photos from iPhone to Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't upload photos from iPhone to Windows: When I try to upload photos from my iPhone iOS 13.5.1 on my Laptop Windows 10 Pro using the "import" then "from a connected device" option with USB on the Photos app, I get the message that something went wrong. What can I do?...
  3. Can't upload photos from iPhone to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upload photos from iPhone to Windows: When I try to upload photos from my iPhone iOS 13.5.1 on my Laptop Windows 10 Pro using the "import" then "from a connected device" option with USB on the Photos app, I get the message that something went wrong. What can I do?...
  4. Can't upload photos from iPhone to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trouble Uploading Photos from iPhone to PC

Trouble Uploading Photos from iPhone to PC: Hello,As the title of this post states, I am having trouble importing photos and videos from my iPhone into the photos app on Windows 11. I have ~4000 photos and videos. When I try to import all of them at once, it stops and says that something went wrong. At this point, only...
  6. Microsoft Photo App is not uploading my photos correctly

Microsoft Photo App is not uploading my photos correctly: Hi, I have tried to restart and repair and there is no change. It will find my pictures but uploads them with part of the pics grayed out. Additonally they no longer appear in the photo folder by date. I have tried to uninstall but that option is grayed out when I go...
  7. photo upload from iphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    photo upload from iphone: I am trying to upload my photos from my phone to my surface pro. The program has a hard time identifying my iPhone even when the phone is unlocked. Once the program identifies my phone is there after multiple trys, the program searches for photos and identifies the full...
  8. iPhone uploading to PC problems photo app

iPhone uploading to PC problems photo app: Having problems getting photos and videos I have taken to my PC I plug the iphone 7 in and the photo app starts, then i click trust computer on phone then I choose photos i want to upload it starts and about 3 or 4 photos in I get the screen "Something went wrong" I have...
  9. Upload photos from iPhone to PC

Upload photos from iPhone to PC: When I go to Photos > Import > Upload from USB, and my iPhone is plugged in and I have clicked to allow and trust the computer on my phone... SOMETIMES it allows me to select the files I want to upload to my laptop, but USUALLY I get the error message: "Add something to...
  10. Iphone photos stopped uploading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Iphone photos stopped uploading to windows 10: As of March 28,2019, my photos stopped uploading to the windows 10 photo folder. I have NO idea why it stopped. I do not go thru iTunes. It's all thru Bluetooth. I take my pics and by the time I come home, my photos from my iPhone are in my windows folder, until now......