Windows 10: Uploading photos from an SD Card

Discus and support Uploading photos from an SD Card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am a photographer and I do not attach my camera to my PC. I take my SD card out to my card reader and put it into a USB. On Windows 7, on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RaulWassermann, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Uploading photos from an SD Card

I am a photographer and I do not attach my camera to my PC. I take my SD card out to my card reader and put it into a USB.

On Windows 7, on Windows Settings I preset it so the Folder would be put on my H:/Pictures

I set Autoplay so when I did this a little window would come up and ask me what the name of this folder would be, and I would enter something like "Sue Wedding" and then the folder would be named (example):

2019-03-15 Sue Wedding

As it uploaded the photos it would give me a count of the photos uploaded on that window, and at the end I had set it to erase all the photos from the SD card.

That is not available now, and it is frustrating to the Nth DEGREE. How can you have taken out of Windows 10 something so useful???????

My folders are organized as:

and inside those folders they are organized as

2019-03-15 Sue Wedding

2019-03-16 Mary Wedding

2019-03-17 Pepe Wedding

2019-03-18 Peter Wedding

I do not want just the date on the folder, I want to know what is in that folder, just like I could do it for Windows 7.

I was so happy with Windows 7 and now I am just totally FRUSTRATED and ANGRY at the people of Microsoft for making my life MISERABLE with Windows 10. I would have never changed if I was not forced to do it.

I have to say that my Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop run great and much better than in Windows 7, but that may just be because I have a new and more powerful computer.

All I want is to UPLOAD from an SD card without tearing my hair out. And please, do not give me a simple answer like, "Go check Uploading for Dummies". Just want to say that not only am I a photographer but I am also a computer consultant that writes software, builds web sites, in Linux and Windows. So please, be honest with me.

Thanks,

Raul

:)

RaulWassermann, Sep 12, 2019

2. Import photos from SD Card in Photo Gallery using Autoplay

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Autoplay Settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Under Choose Autoplay defaults, select the option required from the drop down list for
      Removable drive and Memory card and close the Window.
    • Restart the system and check for status.
    I suggest you to try importing the photos using photo app as below and check if it helps.

• In the search box type photo.
    • Click on the photo app.
    • On the right hand top corner click on import option.
    • Before that you need to plug in SD card where you have saved the photos.
    Also refer the steps provided by
    Ruth Buruga
    replied on March 21, 2016 in the below link:

Windows 10 Import pictures from SD card

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with uploading photos from SD card

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with uploading photos from SD card.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know if you are trying to import photos to computer?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect settings.

2. Missing Windows Update.

3. Corrupt driver.

I suggest you to refer the steps in the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/import-photos-videos#troubleshooting

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Uploading photos from an SD Card

Unable to upload photos from SD card on Windows 10.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern that you are unable to upload photos from SD card, we will help you with this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Where exactly are you trying to upload?
    • How are you trying to upload?
    • Have you tried to connect the SD card to different device and check whether it is being detected?

Please reply us with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Uploading photos from an SD Card

1. Uploading photos from an SD Card - Similar Threads - Uploading photos Card

2. Problems uploading from an SD card using the new Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems uploading from an SD card using the new Photos App: I recently switched computers. I used to use the old windows media app to upload photos from my camera's SD card as 1 it grouped them into albums and 2 if you had already uploaded previously from the same SD card it remembered and didn't upload already uploaded photos unless...
  3. Problems uploading from an SD card using the new Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems uploading from an SD card using the new Photos App: I recently switched computers. I used to use the old windows media app to upload photos from my camera's SD card as 1 it grouped them into albums and 2 if you had already uploaded previously from the same SD card it remembered and didn't upload already uploaded photos unless...
  4. uploading videos to pc from sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uploading videos to pc from sd card: when uploading deer cam videos on sd card to my h.p. pc, the videos are not arranged in the correct order day and time wise. can you tell me how to change settings in photos app in order to arrange them correctly when downloading?...
  5. uploading videos to pc from sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uploading videos to pc from sd card: when uploading deer cam videos on sd card to my h.p. pc, the videos are not arranged in the correct order day and time wise. can you tell me how to change settings in photos app in order to arrange them correctly when downloading?...
  6. Uploading photos for an sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading photos for an sd card: How to I create a folder and then upload photos from an SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-photos-for-an-sd-card/b38ec5df-4f3c-476e-b466-c0ec2107afe2
  7. Importing Photos from SD Card

Importing Photos from SD Card: Why are some of my pictures inverted when i import them on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-sd-card/a44b69e9-3973-43f7-9a8a-8077a02b6dcf
  8. import photos from sd card

import photos from sd card: sorry...I inserted the sd camera card in the desktop tower...I went to the picture app . did import... it will not allow the photo s to download. I just did this last month and all worked well. I don't understand why this time when I: went to the windows...
  9. Importing photos from an SD card

Importing photos from an SD card: When I import photos from an SD card, sometimes windows will break the photos up into two dates. So one half has (for example) December 10, 2019 and the other half has December 11, 2019. And to make it more interesting, the latter date hasn't even happened yet (the date...
  10. problems uploading photos from SD card or camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problems uploading photos from SD card or camera: I am using a Dell latitude E6400 that was on 7 and now on 10 and since uploading 10 I can not upload photos from me card reader or my camera a Cannon 400D to my pictures , anyone else having problems , I use Flickr as a image hosting site and on there when I want to get...