Windows 10: Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites

Discus and support Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the most recent Edge update when I try to upload a photo to any site clicking the "browse" or "choose file" box brings up a list of location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TLM_806, Jun 13, 2020.

1. TLM_806 Win User

Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites

After the most recent Edge update when I try to upload a photo to any site clicking the "browse" or "choose file" box brings up a list of location options instead of going directly to "photos" thumbnails. I am unable to upload a photo.

:)

TLM_806, Jun 13, 2020
  2. kultu Win User

Facebook App photo upload error

Same problem for me - N97mini, Elisa, Finland. Photo uploading worked few times, and then stopped.

But I found a workaround for this. Not as handy as using Facebook widget directly, but a working method anyway, while waiting the real problem to be fixed. You can send the photos from phone's photo folder to your Facebook account by email.

Below instructions copied from Facebook:

How do I upload mobile photos/notes/videos from my phone?
    You can use your personalized upload email address to email a photo/video from your computer or mobile phone. The uploaded content will then appear in your Mobile Uploads album.

To see what your personalized upload email is, please take the following steps:
    • Go to your Publisher, located at the top of your Wall, and click the Photos button next to "Attach."
    • Select "Upload a Photo."
    • Click the "upload via email" link.
    A dialog box will appear with your personalized upload email and further information about using this feature. Be sure to save your upload email address as a contact for easy access.
    http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=12345

kultu, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Problem uploading photos

The only place that allows me to upload photos 100% of the time is facebook.

Techpowerup fails 100% of the time.

And photobucket can upload photos if I do them one at a time, but even uploading a single photo takes much longer then usual.

Any ideas what the problem is, and more importantly how can I fix it?

Its annoying as hell!

pantherx12, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Roope1970 Win User

Facebook app photo uploads and groups: working incorrectly

Whenever I use Microsoft's Facebook app to upload a photo to a group, the photo ends up on my timeline.

• Open the Fb app.
    • Navigate to a group.
    • Upload a photo from my phone by clicking on the Photo button.

I have two Lumias, a 920 and a 900, and this applies to both. I have a friend with a 620, and she has the same problem. I have another friend with an 800, and her photos are uploaded onto the group page just fine. (My software is very up to date.)

Any suggestions? Anyone else having the same problem?

Roope1970, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites - Similar Threads - Uploading photos Facebook

2. Can not upload photos to Facebook from Windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not upload photos to Facebook from Windows 10 photos app: Can not upload photos from windows to Facebook. Using the Microsoft edge browser. When I click the photo option on Facebook it doesn't even give the windows photo app as an option, just takes me to my file browser and makes me chose from Picture. What am I doing wrong?...
  3. Cannot upload photos to Facebook comments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot upload photos to Facebook comments: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I cannot post photos/images as a Facebook comment. I can upload them no problem if I start a new post in a group or on my timeline, but images will not upload in the comments section of any post. Was working fine 2 weeks ago....
  4. Photo upload

Photo upload: Can you help me upload photos from camera to computer - old way no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-upload/e7c64b4e-02f6-4a46-afce-80d706025e79"
  5. PHOTOS uploading

PHOTOS uploading: All of my pictures are on PHOTOS. I want to transfer them to another folder. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-uploading/190728a6-b0d3-4614-ad8e-aeb930076ef6"
  6. upload photos

upload photos: I am unable to upload photos from my iphone to my pc using window photo or directly from DCIM. i can upload a few then get a message that device not connected. i have tried numerous different pc's windows 7 and windows 10, multiple usb cords and 2 different apple devices...
  7. Photo uploads

Photo uploads: I'm having trouble using Microsoft Photos to upload photos from my camera or a memory card to my PC. I was able to do this no trouble all year up until the end of August, thus: I clicked on Photos program, it gave me a menu saying "Looking for new photos and videos", then...
  8. Organising and uploading photos to other websites.

in Windows 10 Support
    Organising and uploading photos to other websites.: PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP! I am on the point of giving up with microsoft for ever because NOTHING works and everything that is meant to be an improvement is a complication! OK: ALL I want to do is to upload pictures, ideally to photobox but dropbox or google photos...
  9. Suddenly I can't upload photos to Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Suddenly I can't upload photos to Facebook: I use Facebook regularly so this is a new problem which has just started. On the FB page when I click upload photo, instead of opening one of my folders to find the photo, it simply hangs with the little twirling circle. I noticed this first on my laptop on a FB group I...
  10. Photo upload

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photo upload: I just 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday from 7. Windows 7 has a generic photo upload program that activated when I hooked the camera up. Windows 10 does not recognize my camera in G drive. Is there a generic program available to upload photos? Samsung support says they do...