Windows 10: Uploading zipped .etl file to Microsoft

Discus and support Uploading zipped .etl file to Microsoft in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Could somebody out there please direct me on how to upload a zipped .etl file to Microsoft using OneDrive (already installed)? I am following MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rod Leighton, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Uploading zipped .etl file to Microsoft

Could somebody out there please direct me on how to upload a zipped .etl file to Microsoft using OneDrive (already installed)? I am following MS System Utilities to report a problem.

The file has already been green ticked in OneDrive but I'm not sure if MS will receive it and respond.

Additionally, MS System Utilities requests that I "link this file to my next post". How do I do that?

Many thanks in advance

:)

Rod Leighton, Nov 9, 2018

2. ONCE YOU HAVE RUN THE TRACE UPLOAD IT TO ONEDRIVE OR ANY OTHER FILE SHARING SERVICE AND PUT A LINK TO IT IN YOUR NEXT POST.

Hi,

To address your concern with uploading .etl files, we would like to know the following:

• Is this happening to other files when uploaded to OneDrive?
    • Do you get any error message or error code upon uploading your .etl files?
    • Are you getting an error message or code upon zipping your file?
    • What program are you using to zip your file, is this the default of File Explorer?
    • Is there still any available space left on your OneDrive?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Uploading zipped .etl file to Microsoft

Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Uploading zipped .etl file to Microsoft

1. Uploading zipped .etl file to Microsoft - Similar Threads - Uploading zipped etl

2. .etl files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  3. .etl files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .etl files: Yesterday I deleted almost 700 GB of etl files which were accumulating in the System 32 Log Files between the 4th and 8th of February. I now see they're back and growing. I can almost see the bar-graph for the C drive in the PC window increasing in size as I look at it. Prior...
  4. .etl files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error uploading and zipping .dmp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error uploading and zipping .dmp files: Hello,Recently, I've been encountering a lot of issues trying to upload .dmp files, as I have been getting a lot of BSODs while playing games like Valorant or CSGO.I've tried uploading them to OneDrive, but it would just say 'Your browser does not support folder upload' or...
  6. Error uploading and zipping .dmp files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error uploading and zipping .dmp files: Hello,Recently, I've been encountering a lot of issues trying to upload .dmp files, as I have been getting a lot of BSODs while playing games like Valorant or CSGO.I've tried uploading them to OneDrive, but it would just say 'Your browser does not support folder upload' or...
  7. Can this ETL file be deleted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can this ETL file be deleted?: I am running Windows 10 Home X64. I have an ETL file, in the root of C:\, that is over 23gb in size. It is the "gemmauf.etl" file. How important is this file? Is it safe to delete this file especially, since it is taking up a lot of disk space?...
  8. ETL Files & Tracelogging

in Windows 10 Support
    ETL Files & Tracelogging: Hello everyone, I would like to ask about .ETL (Event Trace Log) Files. Recently I noticed in the \System32\SleepStudy Folder that there is a file that keeps track of when my laptop screen is turned on - or woken. The ScreenOn Folder has a heap of ETL logs, each at around...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD - Unable to ZIP or upload .DMP files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD - Unable to ZIP or upload .DMP files: Good morning, I built a PC for the first time recently and everything was fine for the first day. However I started to get the dreaded BSOD. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool and it identified a hardware error. There are links on this forum that explain how to ZIP...
  10. Windows 10 stutter (upload .etl) Updata.2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 stutter (upload .etl) Updata.2: Every few minutes windows will stutter The magnitude of each are not the same this time i get a bigger stutter 227s on record but I do not know how to use this software only can be record both w8 and w8.1 have same issue but w7 please, help tried, But not...