Windows 10: Upon accidental installation of Segoe UI Emoji TrueType file, my Windows 11's emoji is...

Discus and support Upon accidental installation of Segoe UI Emoji TrueType file, my Windows 11's emoji is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Issue DescriptionI accidentally installed an online version of Segoe UI Emoji. Upon doing so, although I confirmed myself that the fake version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cliff Chiang, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Upon accidental installation of Segoe UI Emoji TrueType file, my Windows 11's emoji is...

Issue DescriptionI accidentally installed an online version of Segoe UI Emoji. Upon doing so, although I confirmed myself that the fake version of Segoe UI Emoji have been uninstalled, my version of upgraded Windows 11 could not display certain emojis anymore. For instance, andare all rendered as black-bordered boxes in the emoji selection menu Upon Ctrl + Windows Key. I could not see the preview of these emojis anymore, leading to difficulty of using Windows 11. Could anyone assist me? Thank you very much!

:)

Cliff Chiang, Jun 7, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 default font, total fonts (with sub-fonts example segoe ui italic, bold, etc)

Hi rsotol028

The default system font in Windows 10 is Segoe U

This is the list of Segoe UI fonts required in Windows

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"="segoeui.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black (TrueType)"="seguibl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black Italic (TrueType)"="seguibli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="segoeuib.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuiz.ttf"

"Segoe UI Emoji (TrueType)"="seguiemj.ttf"

"Segoe UI Historic (TrueType)"="seguihis.ttf"

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuii.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="segoeuil.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light Italic (TrueType)"="seguili.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="seguisb.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold Italic (TrueType)"="seguisbi.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight (TrueType)"="segoeuisl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight Italic (TrueType)"="seguisli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="seguisym.ttf"

"Segoe MDL2 Assets (TrueType)"="segmdl2.ttf"

"Segoe Print (TrueType)"="segoepr.ttf"

"Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)"="segoeprb.ttf"

"Segoe Script (TrueType)"="segoesc.ttf"

"Segoe Script Bold (TrueType)"="segoescb.ttf"

DaveM121, Jun 7, 2022
  3. ZlipZig Win User
    Emoji Keyboard Vs Pop-up Emoji (Winkey+Upon accidental installation of Segoe UI Emoji TrueType file, my Windows 11's emoji is... ;) | They seem to insert emoji differently

On a PC running Windows 10 I think there are just 2 ways to insert emoji:

* Use WinKey+; to bring up the insert emoji dialog.

* Use the touch keyboard.

These 2 seem to insert emoji differently and I'm wondering what is the difference and why they behave differently.

To demonstrate:

1. Bring up an application which uses the Microsoft webbrowser control as an HTML editor running in quirks mode with font set to Segoe UI Emoji.

2. Note the following:

* The WinKey emoji dialog correctly inserts colorful emoji.

* The touch keyboard inserts question marks [??] instead of colorful emoji.

I'm guessing it's some kind of Unicode issue.

Thanks!

ZlipZig, Jun 7, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Upon accidental installation of Segoe UI Emoji TrueType file, my Windows 11's emoji is...

Default Font

• Make sure you can see file extensions (In Windows File Explorer, on the VIew Ribbon, check the box marked 'File Name Extensions)
    • Create a new text file on your Desktop (Right click and choose 'New' - Text File)
    • Copy the text below into the new text file and close the file
    • Give the file a meaningful name and change the file extension from .txt to .reg
    • Right click the file and choose 'Merge' and confirm the merge
    • Restart your PC and the Windows UI Font (Segue UI) will be restored . . .

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"="segoeui.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black (TrueType)"="seguibl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Black Italic (TrueType)"="seguibli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="segoeuib.ttf"

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuiz.ttf"

"Segoe UI Emoji (TrueType)"="seguiemj.ttf"

"Segoe UI Historic (TrueType)"="seguihis.ttf"

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="segoeuii.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="segoeuil.ttf"

"Segoe UI Light Italic (TrueType)"="seguili.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="seguisb.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semibold Italic (TrueType)"="seguisbi.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight (TrueType)"="segoeuisl.ttf"

"Segoe UI Semilight Italic (TrueType)"="seguisli.ttf"

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="seguisym.ttf"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"=-

DaveM121, Jun 7, 2022
Thema:

Upon accidental installation of Segoe UI Emoji TrueType file, my Windows 11's emoji is...

1. Upon accidental installation of Segoe UI Emoji TrueType file, my Windows 11's emoji is... - Similar Threads - Upon accidental installation

2. Emojis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emojis: Hello everyone, is there anyway to change the default set of emojis of windows 11 into like suppose apple ones?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emojis/6a7fdf0d-afa0-4798-9194-4b4e28d78214
  3. Segoe Ui Emoji inconsistent windows 10 [bug report]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Segoe Ui Emoji inconsistent windows 10 [bug report]: I recently installed windows 10 and noticed the Segoe Ui Emoji are inconsistently rendered. Specifically, the Dagger, Satellite, and Trackball emoji are displayed as grey on transparent and in a completely different style compared to all the other emoji.This picture shows a...
  4. Segoe Ui Emoji inconsistent windows 10 [bug report]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Segoe Ui Emoji inconsistent windows 10 [bug report]: I recently installed windows 10 and noticed the Segoe Ui Emoji are inconsistently rendered. Specifically, the Dagger, Satellite, and Trackball emoji are displayed as grey on transparent and in a completely different style compared to all the other emoji.This picture shows a...
  5. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  6. Upon accidental installation of Segoe UI Emoji TrueType file, my Windows 11's emoji is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upon accidental installation of Segoe UI Emoji TrueType file, my Windows 11's emoji is...: Issue DescriptionI accidentally installed an online version of Segoe UI Emoji. Upon doing so, although I confirmed myself that the fake version of Segoe UI Emoji have been uninstalled, my version of upgraded Windows 11 could not display certain emojis anymore. For instance,...
  7. Segoe UI Emoji on macOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Segoe UI Emoji on macOS: Hi,Since, Windows 11 Emoji launched, I have been obsessed with them, but the problem is that I use a Mac. Is there a way I can change the default "Apple Color Emoji" to the new Segoe UI Emoji?...
  8. Segoe UI Emoji on macOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Segoe UI Emoji on macOS: Hi,Since, Windows 11 Emoji launched, I have been obsessed with them, but the problem is that I use a Mac. Is there a way I can change the default "Apple Color Emoji" to the new Segoe UI Emoji?...
  9. Emojis

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emojis: So i just upgraded to windows 10 enterprise (pro -> enterprise) and emojis are super weird:[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emojis/cc8d9da6-fff7-457f-9540-36558837b4b3
  10. No emojis!

in Windows 10 Customization
    No emojis!: I've contacted you a while ago about having NO EMOJIS. I would like to have them. They add so much more to my contacts. Thank you! bob fraser *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...