Windows 10: Upon starting my Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 the screen flickers between brightness levels

Discus and support Upon starting my Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 the screen flickers between brightness levels in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If my computer is asleep or shutdown, turning it on will result in the screen changing the brightness levels very quickly in under a second. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IkaiKaimi, Sep 5, 2019.

1. IkaiKaimi Win User

Upon starting my Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 the screen flickers between brightness levels

If my computer is asleep or shutdown, turning it on will result in the screen changing the brightness levels very quickly in under a second. No flickering afterwards. It's only when I first turn on the device. There is no difference if the device is plugged in or not.

I'm on Windows 1809.

This is not to be confused with the Surface Pro 4 problem with the screen flicker hardware issue.

What can I do about this issue? Should I exchange this surface pro for a new one? Thanks.

:)

IkaiKaimi, Sep 5, 2019
  2. mjschear Win User

Suggestion: Surface Pro 6 - smooth out adaptive brightness

This has probably been discussed before, but I can't seem to find a suggestion box for Win 10. I like the idea of adaptive brightness, but the constant, noticeable adjustments are distracting. Is MS looking into smoothing the transitions, or is there a
    third party utility that will do it for me?

***Moved from Surface/Surface Pro 6/Display and Screen

mjschear, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...screen-flicker

Brink, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Upon starting my Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 the screen flickers between brightness levels

Surface Pro 4 - Half of my screen Flickers / Shakes

Maybe caused by hardware

It looks like a that your gpu (intel hd graphics) is going to conk out! If this is the case, then its a hardware problem and the microsoft support or any other technical workshop would be the last hope for your surface.

I had the a similar problem with my notebook. It was a hardware issue and the only thing that I could do was it to send to the manufacturer support. He told me the same as I told above, and it was true.

Or is it just a bug?

Below are maybe some interesting article:

After a small google search folling possibilities to troubleshoot this issue:

• One article above say that this issue is caused by when the Hyper-V role got installed. They say a deinstallation of Hyper-V from your Surface shoud fix this problem.
    • In other article I read that this issue is caused after a bad update of the intel hd graphics drives. Get the old driver version back or what until microsfot fix this bug!

Stackcraft_noob, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Upon starting my Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 the screen flickers between brightness levels

1. Upon starting my Windows 10 Surface Pro 6 the screen flickers between brightness levels - Similar Threads - Upon starting Surface

2. Surface Pro screen flickers - window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro screen flickers - window 10: why would Microsoft not fix this known problem in one of the frequent updates we get. why would Microsoft think that everyone is a developer or a coder? so frustrating. I am so tired of dumping their problems on users. grow up Microsoft, its time....
  3. Surface Pro screen flickers - window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro screen flickers - window 10: why would Microsoft not fix this known problem in one of the frequent updates we get. why would Microsoft think that everyone is a developer or a coder? so frustrating. I am so tired of dumping their problems on users. grow up Microsoft, its time....
  4. Surface Pro screen flickers - window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen: After hours of streaming, my Surface Pro 6 will not boot up properly. I keep getting a flashing screen between my wallpaper and a black screen. Windows does not seem to be loading properly. I just recently installed Windows 11 as in less than a week ago.I am able to start the...
  6. Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen: After hours of streaming, my Surface Pro 6 will not boot up properly. I keep getting a flashing screen between my wallpaper and a black screen. Windows does not seem to be loading properly. I just recently installed Windows 11 as in less than a week ago.I am able to start the...
  7. Surface PRO 4 Screen Flicker

Surface PRO 4 Screen Flicker: Hello ISSUE # 1 I need some help regarding the screen flickering issue on Surface Pro 4. Since last week it's been happend that after using Skype Vedio call for 3-4 hrs on my Surface, the screen started to get shaky/flicker. When the call ended the screen stop to flickker...
  8. Surface Pro 6 Brightness

Surface Pro 6 Brightness: I am unable to change my brightness! At 0 or 100 the brightness is the same, I have tried Powershell admin scan, updating drivers, going into power setting and into the display adaptors but nothing works. My computer is also up to date so there are no new updates, any help...
  9. Surface Pro 6 keyboard disappearing and brightness problems

Surface Pro 6 keyboard disappearing and brightness problems: Surface Pro 6 keyboard disappearing and brightness problems loads of people have already mentioned the keyboard so you know that. also when brightness is on lowest setting its constantly trying to adjust. really annoying with both these problems. Couldn't believe in someone...
  10. Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

Surface Pro 4 screen flicker: Hi, My surface pro 4 screen seems to flicker very badly when the surface is heated. Is there a way to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/surface-pro-4-screen-flicker/ae06ccda-4e7d-4249-9554-09ada6f80c7f