Windows 10: UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

Discus and support UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you remove this thing showing on the upper left of my screen, I dont have any third party apps installed, no Rainmeter or whatnots.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PointDexteeer, Apr 23, 2021.

1. UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

How do you remove this thing showing on the upper left of my screen, I dont have any third party apps installed, no Rainmeter or whatnots.

:)

PointDexteeer, Apr 23, 2021
  2. NurdBurd Win User

Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

Howdy Bree,
    I don't see a magnifier glass in the upper left corner. Just to make sure I was not overlooking it, I changed my "Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 125%." Then I went to the High Contrast area "Choose a theme: High Contrast White". Even after those two steps I still don't see a magnifier glass. I selected The Magnifier from my taskbar and indeed I saw the magnifier glass. When I used the magnifier glass, the recently generated magnifying area was deleted - but the area in the upper left corner remained.
    Is it possible to remove The Magnifier from Windows and then reinstall it? Or perhaps, a larger section of Windows containing The Magnifier and then reinstall this larger section?
    Thank you.

Carl M. Barlow, Jr.
    L: [email protected]

Howdy Bree,
    Did you take a Thanksgiving vacation?

Carl

NurdBurd, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Apr 23, 2021
  4. UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

Application windows resize to upper left corner of monitor

Computer is locally built 2016, Intel Core i5 Skylake processor (6th Gen) 3.2/3.6GH, 80GT/s, 6MB, etc.
    Monitor is Dell UltraSharp 38 Curved Monitor - U3818DW

Last update 2019-02 Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4465065) successfully installed 6/18/2019.

In the last week, many, if not most windows do not open in the size I expect them to open. About a week ago, perhaps after the last Window update, two almost identical computers in our home are behaving the same way. Device manager says monitor is Generic PnP Monitor. Intel HD Graphics Control Panel says Display is Digital Television Dell U3818DW with the correct resolution of 3840x1600. Actual monitor is identified above.

Open windows, applications such as Chrome, Firefox, Word, MS Outlook. May or may not open in a floating window size as I like. I resize as needed, but then I leave computer, monitor goes off after 15 minutes. Computer is set to never sleep. All windows are in upper left corner, about 7x7 in size when I come back. Many times if I compose an email or open an email and reply to it, the window opens in a much smaller size, upper left area.

I think I've become a novice again; I don't know what steps to take to troubleshoot.
    Joyce Guasch

JoyceGuasch, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

1. UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW - Similar Threads - UPPER LEFT CORNER

2. Why is the text field in the upper left corner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the text field in the upper left corner?: Why is the text field in the upper left corner? Give me an explanation please and then how to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-text-field-in-the-upper-left-corner/0cffe278-464f-4a1d-a815-0574f9ba80a7
  3. Why is the text field in the upper left corner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the text field in the upper left corner?: Why is the text field in the upper left corner? Give me an explanation please and then how to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-text-field-in-the-upper-left-corner/0cffe278-464f-4a1d-a815-0574f9ba80a7
  4. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  5. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  6. Extreme upper left corner of monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extreme upper left corner of monitor: At the extreme upper left corner of the screen, there is a tiny white dot. When I put the mouse cursor on it, I get one of those spinning blue "waiting" circles... well, actually only a quarter of one of those as if the top and entire left part of the circle is outside the...
  7. Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.: How do I find "Disable internal pointing devices when external USB" on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cursor-jumping-to-upper-left-corner/e064beb1-0ede-4e45-b512-6e381060b1d6
  8. HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.: This morning I turned on the Windows 10 computer, version 1909, and found that the list of commands that spring down from the FILE command in the upper left corner of the screen were completely different from the night before. There are fewer commands and PRINT is not one of...
  9. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner: First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer. [IMG] I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray...
  10. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...