Windows 10: UPS Clarification

Discus and support UPS Clarification in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day! This will be a quick and easy question but I have no idea where to ask it so here goes. I will be replacing my UPS (Intex 800V) soon and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaypels, Jan 28, 2016.

1. jaypels Win User

UPS Clarification

Good day! This will be a quick and easy question but I have no idea where to ask it so here goes.

I will be replacing my UPS (Intex 800V) soon and as I was searching for a new one and check its specs, it says 700W. I also checked the higher capacity model of Intex and they have the 1500V and even though it is double the capacity of my current UPS, it is still cheaper to the 700W model I found in a hardware store.

My question is, should I be looking for a UPS based on V (I assume it's Volts) or W (again, Watts)?

:)

jaypels, Jan 28, 2016
  2. janagj Win User

clarification....

Will there always be some dead pixels in amoled display????

janagj, Jan 28, 2016
  3. clarification

The N95 8GB has 4 main memories (plus some more internal memories to the CPU that are not part of the file system)

1) RAM this is used to run programs and processes and cache temporary files. (I don't have the number of free RAM after boot but total RAM is 128 MB)

2) Phone Memory: this is the area for installing programs, saving user data files and caching internet contents and other more permanent data. This is about 135 MB.

3) ROM; This is the part that has the Firmware and cannot be modified by the user, only NSU can touch this part. This is something like 120 MB

4) Mass Memory (or memory card in other phones), this is "like" the phone memory but it's mainly to be used to store the pictures, videos, music and other data files. Programs could also be installed here. This is 8GB.

el_loco---01, Jan 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

UPS Clarification

I think you will find the UPS is rated as 1500VA which stands for volts x amps. This is not quite the same as Watts and in the spec you will see that it is rated as 600W. For an explanation of the difference between VA and Watts for UPS see How do I properly size my UPS? - Power Solutions.

As long as the items you are protecting with the UPS do not exceed 600W you will be fine with the 1500VA UPS.

philc43, Jan 28, 2016
  5. jaypels Win User
    Thanks for the clarification and the link! Let me just clarify, the Watts value is the "capacity" of the UPS? And the VA is how much it can "regulate"? I'm not sure if I used the correct terms hence the quotation marks.

jaypels, Jan 29, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    As explained in the link, Watts measure the power and is exact. The VA is a measure of the apparent power based on the current used. The UPS must be able to deliver the power in Watts required by the equipment.

The use of VA is confusing but is important to know for design tolerances of components.

philc43, Jan 30, 2016
  7. jaypels Win User
    Got it! Many thanks!

jaypels, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

UPS Clarification

1. UPS Clarification - Similar Threads - UPS Clarification

2. Drives not showing up in drive manager.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drives not showing up in drive manager.: I just factory reseted my pc today and my ssd that i had installed isnt showing up anymore, also I installed a new M.2 drive that also isnt showing up. I've watched a bunch of videos trying to fix this problem but they all tell me the same thing, to go to drive manager and...
  3. Drives not showing up in drive manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drives not showing up in drive manager.: I just factory reseted my pc today and my ssd that i had installed isnt showing up anymore, also I installed a new M.2 drive that also isnt showing up. I've watched a bunch of videos trying to fix this problem but they all tell me the same thing, to go to drive manager and...
  4. Parts not showing up recognized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parts not showing up recognized?: It is as you can see, I recently got a new pc and decided to buy a bigger nvme storage for it and after installing it this is what has happened i only just noticed it recently. The storage still works it just shows up like this in device manager does anyone know what the...
  5. Drives not showing up in drive manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Parts not showing up recognized?

Parts not showing up recognized?: It is as you can see, I recently got a new pc and decided to buy a bigger nvme storage for it and after installing it this is what has happened i only just noticed it recently. The storage still works it just shows up like this in device manager does anyone know what the...
  7. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...: I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many...
  8. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...: I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many...
  9. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...

Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...: I am running windows 11 enterprise and I can no longer pull up the calendar when clicking the date and time in the lower right hand corner of the screen. If this is a bug fix it! If its working as intended then bring the functionality back!...