Windows 10: UPS Question

Discus and support UPS Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just ordered two Eaton UPS units. One for our iMac, and one for a new W10 pc that another family member uses. Haven't received them yet, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

UPS Question

Hi,
    I just ordered two Eaton UPS units.
    One for our iMac, and one for a new W10 pc that another family member uses.
    Haven't received them yet, but thought I'd ask now:
    I read that for the Mac, no need to load any of the Eaton UPS software,
    as it is possible to set the mac to automatically turn itself off after a pre-determined
    time that you can set.
    Also apparently true for APC and/or CyberPower UPS's.

That all you need is the USB cable from the UPS to the pc.
    True ?
    *If so, does W10 have a similar option (no UPS software needs to be loaded) ?
    How would one go about this for W10, please ? (I think I am set for the mac in how to do it)
    Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Feb 6, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue UPS Question :p

cadaveca, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

UPS Question

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

UPS Question

1. UPS Question - Similar Threads - UPS Question

2. whenever I click on ? question mark keypad on keyboard, The MAIL app pops up automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    whenever I click on ? question mark keypad on keyboard, The MAIL app pops up automatically: I have a very weird issue. Whenever I click Question Mark ? on the Keyboard Keypad, the MAIL app from Microsoft pops up. First I thought I may have mistakenly assigned it as a shortcut key for MAIL but I can't find it to undo it. So I just did reset to default settings and it...
  3. whenever I click on ? question mark keypad on keyboard, The MAIL app pops up automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever I click on ? question mark keypad on keyboard, The MAIL app pops up automatically: I have a very weird issue. Whenever I click Question Mark ? on the Keyboard Keypad, the MAIL app from Microsoft pops up. First I thought I may have mistakenly assigned it as a shortcut key for MAIL but I can't find it to undo it. So I just did reset to default settings and it...
  4. whenever I click on ? question mark keypad on keyboard, The MAIL app pops up automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't install Windows [Follow-up to a previous Question]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows [Follow-up to a previous Question]: Hi, This is a follow-up question from this topic "Windows Won't Boot"Please read through the replies and let me know if there is anything that can be done. Also, my weekly off day from work is Monday UTC time zone. So I can only reply on Sunday night and Monday. If I am to...
  6. Can't install Windows [Follow-up to a previous Question]

Can't install Windows [Follow-up to a previous Question]: Hi, This is a follow-up question from this topic "Windows Won't Boot"Please read through the replies and let me know if there is anything that can be done. Also, my weekly off day from work is Monday UTC time zone. So I can only reply on Sunday night and Monday. If I am to...
  7. Can't install Windows [Follow-up to a previous Question]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Question for a friend... Whenever they try to open up certain games on their device it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question for a friend... Whenever they try to open up certain games on their device it...: They were trying to open a game on steam when it first happened and it came up with the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2022 X64 Minimum Runtime" error and it said to either click Ok or to enter a alternate path for the "installation package" which had a source under where it asked to...
  9. Question for a friend... Whenever they try to open up certain games on their device it...

Question for a friend... Whenever they try to open up certain games on their device it...: They were trying to open a game on steam when it first happened and it came up with the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2022 X64 Minimum Runtime" error and it said to either click Ok or to enter a alternate path for the "installation package" which had a source under where it asked to...
  10. Question for a friend... Whenever they try to open up certain games on their device it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging