Windows 10: UPS Question

Discus and support UPS Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just ordered two Eaton UPS units. One for our iMac, and one for a new W10 pc that another family member uses. Haven't received them yet, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

UPS Question

Hi,
    I just ordered two Eaton UPS units.
    One for our iMac, and one for a new W10 pc that another family member uses.
    Haven't received them yet, but thought I'd ask now:
    I read that for the Mac, no need to load any of the Eaton UPS software,
    as it is possible to set the mac to automatically turn itself off after a pre-determined
    time that you can set.
    Also apparently true for APC and/or CyberPower UPS's.

That all you need is the USB cable from the UPS to the pc.
    True ?
    *If so, does W10 have a similar option (no UPS software needs to be loaded) ?
    How would one go about this for W10, please ? (I think I am set for the mac in how to do it)
    Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Feb 6, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue UPS Question :p

cadaveca, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

UPS Question

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

UPS Question

1. UPS Question - Similar Threads - UPS Question

2. Make keyboard pop up automatically in tablet mode and other keyboard questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make keyboard pop up automatically in tablet mode and other keyboard questions: Hi The subject says it all. When I go to keyboard in settings I don't see a switch to turn on automatically turn on keyboard. In tablet mode is there a difference between the pop up keyboard and the regular keyboard? When I am using the Windows 1809 release, which is...
  3. Back-up of C-Drive: question on various files needed or not needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back-up of C-Drive: question on various files needed or not needed: Hello, BACKGROUND Have an automated nightly back-up system, for my Dell Desktop, transferring files to a Western Digital External Hard Drive. Backups of my User Data are executing perfectly, for many months. These backups consist of the Desktop, my Contacts, my...
  4. Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED!: Having been in the military, the best question left capable of being asked is one that has no anticipated answer. You having your demographic shopping list of user information is not appreciated and I DEMAND that you rethink your "security" if you believe having all of the...
  5. UPS Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UPS Question: Hi, I just ordered two Eaton UPS units. One for our iMac, and one for a new W10 pc that another family member uses. Haven't received them yet, but thought I'd ask now: I read that for the Mac, no need to load any of the Eaton UPS software, as it is possible to set the mac to...
  6. !! Stupid questions coming up !! :)

in Windows 10 Support
    !! Stupid questions coming up !! :): Hi. I have a surface laptop 2, i5, 256, 8gb. I have an old PC typewriter a c drive that has a ton of music making software on it. I really want to get back to making tracks and am wondering if i can use the c drive with my sl2? Can i connect it and "sandbox" it somehow? My...
  7. Another Windows 10 slow boot up question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another Windows 10 slow boot up question: So I have an older Dell 725 optiplex that i have upgraded with a newer processor, more memory and a SSD. Last week, it was booting up in less than a minute. Now it takes more than 10 minutes to boot. I have run sfcscan and have even done a window reset that cleared off all...
  8. Follow-up Email Survey - armed with malware (in case you’re not nice) and questions for...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Follow-up Email Survey - armed with malware (in case you’re not nice) and questions for...: After giving a terrible rating in an online survey from a customer service department of a well-known, very large, “trusted” online company in which I had dealt with on the phone earlier that day. The very instant I clicked the second “terrible” button on that survey, my...
  9. Fed up waiting for help with my question in Microsoft Community.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fed up waiting for help with my question in Microsoft Community.: Where else is there to go to get help from a human one-on-one talking to each other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/fed-up-waiting-for-help-with-my-question-in/eb43739a-c0e9-48dc-9719-98ceb4b2d1ee
  10. Backing Up Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing Up Questions: On my HP, my computer is set to automatically back up (mainly photos) to my external hard drive. But I used to back everything up to OneDrive. Now, that I have added the external drive, OneDrive doesn't back up my recent photos anymore. How do I get my computer to back up to...