Windows 10: UPS Software keeps disconnecting and stop communicating with my UPS

Discus and support UPS Software keeps disconnecting and stop communicating with my UPS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; im running a Server on my windows 10 PC which is connecting to a UPS in case of power failure i also installed the Software that came with my UPS and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yafatana, Feb 18, 2021.

1. yafatana Win User

UPS Software keeps disconnecting and stop communicating with my UPS

im running a Server on my windows 10 PC which is connecting to a UPS in case of power failure
    i also installed the Software that came with my UPS and updated to the latest version to shut down my PC in case of power failure i even reinstalled it several times
    the problem is every 5 or 6 days the software will disconnect and stop communicating with the UPS Itself the tray icon will change to gray from yellow
    and the only fix is to Restart windows the software will work again for 5 to 8 days then i need to restart windows 10 again but why ?
    the UPS is connected to my PC via a USB 2.0 cable
    Windows 10 pro i5 3570k gigabyte Motherboard 16 gb of ram im using this PC as a server running 24/7
    and this is an old problem im not sure why windows 10 keeps disconnecting it every 5 or 6 days

:)

yafatana, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Toothless Win User

OS drive disconnecting while in use

Okay so my SSD (listed in specs) keeps disconnecting itself while my desktop is in use. What happens is I'll be sitting there and suddenly progams stop working and crashing. Then Task Managerwwon't come up, followed by more programs and background services and then a BSOD.

When it reboots the SSD isn't listed until I disconnect the power and boot it. Works for a bit, then drops again.

Halp plz. I'm missing out on WCG crunching.

Toothless, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Skype is Stepping Up Productive Communication

Source...

Brink, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

1. UPS Software keeps disconnecting and stop communicating with my UPS - Similar Threads - UPS Software keeps

2. Why does my wifi keep disconnecting and not showing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi keep disconnecting and not showing up?: The wifi on my computer keeps turning off the second I do anything. It will turn off and then I’ll have to troubleshoot it only for it to turn back on then off again. Sometimes it won’t show any wifi at all. I’ve had to reset the network countless times just for the wifi to...
  3. Why does my wifi keep disconnecting and not showing up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my wifi keep disconnecting and not showing up?: The wifi on my computer keeps turning off the second I do anything. It will turn off and then I’ll have to troubleshoot it only for it to turn back on then off again. Sometimes it won’t show any wifi at all. I’ve had to reset the network countless times just for the wifi to...
  4. Wifi card keeps disconnecting on pc start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi card keeps disconnecting on pc start up: I have had an Asus pce-ac88 wifi card built into my PC for a few weeks now. For the first four days it worked great but then problems started. Every morning when I start my pc the wifi card seems to have a lot of trouble connecting to my router. It automatically connects...
  5. Wifi card keeps disconnecting on pc start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi card keeps disconnecting on pc start up: I have had an Asus pce-ac88 wifi card built into my PC for a few weeks now. For the first four days it worked great but then problems started. Every morning when I start my pc the wifi card seems to have a lot of trouble connecting to my router. It automatically connects...
  6. Wifi card keeps disconnecting on pc start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. "Software is up to date"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Software is up to date": I want to get the new October 2020 update and update from version 2004 but it says "Software up to date" IMG Here. I have checked the Microsoft website and nothing that help i did more digging nothing. Anyone know a fix? I really want to use the new features and uninstall...
  8. Communication Headset Not Disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Communication Headset Not Disconnecting.: Alright so, recently got a new laptop, and it had a device already installed called "Communication Headphones"(picture provided), I didnt think it would be that big if a problem so i just let it stay. But it was until i started talking to my friends that they told me that...
  9. Communication headphones not disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Communication headphones not disconnecting?: So, when I was talking to my friends, and they pointed out that they could hear my computer sounds, I tried to fix that. I set the "communication headset" as default device, then they couldnt hear my computer sounds. I thought the problem ended there, but when I unplugged my...
  10. Skype is Stepping Up Productive Communication

in Windows 10 News
    Skype is Stepping Up Productive Communication: As part of our commitment to continually bring the everyday Skype experience to more places, we are excited to share that Skype is now available for Office Online Word and Office Online PowerPoint . Skype for Office Online makes collaborating a breeze. The chat experience...