Windows 10: Upscaling resolution standard DVDs for large 4k UHD TV's (132 CM etc)

Discus and support Upscaling resolution standard DVDs for large 4k UHD TV's (132 CM etc) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there anybody got a link to some sort of program / converter that can do a reasonable job of upscaling standard DVD resolution to be seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Feb 4, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Upscaling resolution standard DVDs for large 4k UHD TV's (132 CM etc)

Hi there

anybody got a link to some sort of program / converter that can do a reasonable job of upscaling standard DVD resolution to be seen decently on largish ( > 52 ins / 132 cm / 4K UHD TV's ).

I can get the DVD as an image ISO or even a lossless conversion to MKV/MP4 - now I need the "Up-rez" program to convert.

I'm used to digital photography so I know "Up Rezzing" can work quite well with a decent algorithm.

If NASA can make brilliant pictures with only a few pixels coming from as far away as Pluto surely for us mere earthlings there ought to be something available.

DVD's work fine on screen sizes up to about up to about 40 ins / 102 cms - after that it gets a bit ragged and at my age I'm sure I'm not as eagle eyed as the youngsters so if I notice it what do they see.

Note -- bog standard DVD's - not Blu Rays or so .

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 4, 2018
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

Recommend Lumia 950?

Off-topic, but I am curious: Do you get native resolution on a UHD or just an upscale of (Full-) HD?

Abi99 (2), Feb 4, 2018
  3. Screen resolution

Hello, my name is Alex

I have 2 screens on my setup , one monitor that with it's maximum resolution of 1080p and a 4k tv, and i would like to keep my 4k tv at 1080p because everytime i move an app or folder from monitor to tv it must be rescaled, so i changed my tv resolution
    to 1080p.

My question is , if i keep my tv on 1080p and run games or movies at 4k resolution, it's going to be like an upscale, like i use a normal 1080p monitor and force a 4k video or game on it, or it's going to display the 4k content correctly?

LazarAlex1, Feb 4, 2018
Thema:

Upscaling resolution standard DVDs for large 4k UHD TV's (132 CM etc)

1. Upscaling resolution standard DVDs for large 4k UHD TV's (132 CM etc) - Similar Threads - Upscaling resolution standard

2. TCL 65" tv @ 4K resolution failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TCL 65" tv @ 4K resolution failure: Hi, any attempt to go above 1920x1080 causes signal loss on this brand new TCL 65" TV.I am simply replacing a DIGIHOME 50" tv that ran the exact same setup @ 60hz refresh rate so the pc, win 11, GTX 1650Super thru HDMI lead can't be to blame. I see the monitor display driver...
  3. TCL 65" tv @ 4K resolution failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TCL 65" tv @ 4K resolution failure: Hi, any attempt to go above 1920x1080 causes signal loss on this brand new TCL 65" TV.I am simply replacing a DIGIHOME 50" tv that ran the exact same setup @ 60hz refresh rate so the pc, win 11, GTX 1650Super thru HDMI lead can't be to blame. I see the monitor display driver...
  4. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  5. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  6. 4k resolution

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    4k resolution: Hi there, I'm upgrading my computer with a new graphics card and monitor to accommodate 4k images and want to know if the daily colourful images that appear on Microsoft Edge and my lock screen that Microsoft put there are going to appear as 4k images? Thank you, Robert....
  7. Free 4K UHD Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free 4K UHD Wallpaper: i would like to share my 4k uhd 3840x2160 wallpapers. i hope you liked. [img] [img] [img] 38365
  8. SKY Q 4K UHD TV - any decent software for watching UHD video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKY Q 4K UHD TV - any decent software for watching UHD video: Hi there I've seen some Olympic Games and English Premier league football in 4K with a colleagues SKY Q box --brilliant -- makes the old 1080i look a bit like standard DVD on a reasonably sized TV. (48 inch or bigger). Any stand alone software to stream UHD content to a...
  9. 4K resolution through a VGA cabel with a 1080p TV?!

4K resolution through a VGA cabel with a 1080p TV?!: I connected my PC to my 1080p TV and when I went to the setting I saw that 3840x2160 resolution is available, even at 60 Hz. How is that possible? It's even through a VGA cabel, which supports a maximum res. of 2048x1536. Last time I connected the TV the maximum res....
  10. 4k tv resolution issue

4k tv resolution issue: I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen. It's not the TV...