Windows 10: URGENT: 0xc0000001 - "...the operating system on your PC has failed to start...."

Discus and support URGENT: 0xc0000001 - "...the operating system on your PC has failed to start...." in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I need of some urgent support. Will try to summarize the following to quickly get you up to speed on my current situation.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffB1080, Nov 23, 2020.

1. JeffB1080 Win User

URGENT: 0xc0000001 - "...the operating system on your PC has failed to start...."

Hello everyone.

I need of some urgent support. Will try to summarize the following to quickly get you up to speed on my current situation.

• Downloaded Outbyte driver update program to update drivers "en bulk" on my PC
    • Updating drivers, coupled with Windows Update, forced my primary version of windows 10 to error upon re-boot.

First error was the following:
    • D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LOGFILES\SRT\SRTTRAIL.TXT error message

I "remedied" this by meddling around and performing the following:
    • CHKDSK commands every drive
    • sfc /scannow
    • DISM/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth
    diskpart - Updated all of my volumes to the correct settings least I think I did

Now I'm receiving the following error message upon reboot:
    Error Code 0xc0000001 - "...the operating system on your PC has failed to start...."

Steps I've already taken:

• As mentioned aboved, I've tried all the system file checks you can possibly execute
    • I've attempted to update my bios boot settings to/from legacy-uefi- etc
    • already tried to reset my PC to factory settings and perform a full wipe - to which I get an error message "cannot perform....etc"
    • I've tried to restore my PC via system restore from a prior date, but receive error saying the function cannot be performed?

Facts about my PC

• This is a gaming PC I built a few years back. It has two main storage drives
      • C drive - All my current games/files/pics etc
      • E drive - All my old files/pics from my old computer
    • I can actually run windows 10 on my 4th volume which contains an older version of windows 10 + all my old files/pics - E-drive?
    • Getting this error message when I attempt to start my PC on my primary volume which I use.

Screenshots

URGENT: 0xc0000001 - "...the operating system on your PC has failed to start...." 5bd4f22f-45ab-45d8-aac7-caf62745f9b5?upload=true.png

URGENT: 0xc0000001 - "...the operating system on your PC has failed to start...." cca950f0-466e-485c-b914-728c77914d6f?upload=true.png

:)

JeffB1080, Nov 23, 2020

2. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 23, 2020
  3. ianlau3 Win User
    Error code: 0xc0000001.

URGENT: 0xc0000001 - "...the operating system on your PC has failed to start...." [​IMG]

I pressed all the key on the keyboard...Nothing happen...

Recovery

Surface Book 2 I7 512GB 16GB

Recovery

Your PC couldn’t start properly

After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired.

Error code: 0xc0000001

Press the Windows key for recovery

ianlau3, Nov 23, 2020
  4. URGENT: 0xc0000001 - "...the operating system on your PC has failed to start...."

Computer Error (0xc0000001) Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• From which website did you download the repair tools?

Suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by “ThofikhAhamad” from this thread to check if that helps.

0xc0000001 on Windows 10

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

URGENT: 0xc0000001 - "...the operating system on your PC has failed to start...."

1. URGENT: 0xc0000001 - "...the operating system on your PC has failed to start...." - Similar Threads - URGENT 0xc0000001 operating

2. The operating system does not start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The operating system does not start: After my son changed something in the BIOS, the computer says when booting: Reboot and select proper boot device. I checked that all storages are connected and the system boot priority is correct. I tried resetting the BIOS settings but it didn't help. I think that I need to...
  3. The operating system does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The operating system does not start: After my son changed something in the BIOS, the computer says when booting: Reboot and select proper boot device. I checked that all storages are connected and the system boot priority is correct. I tried resetting the BIOS settings but it didn't help. I think that I need to...
  4. The operating system does not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Operating system won’t start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating system won’t start: Tried all available options to repair. Then tried to reset from cloud, reset from computer and factory image restore, all failed. Tried scan of system all five categories came back no defects found. Tried factory restore again and it is in the same place it was when it...
  6. BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000001: I’m getting “BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000001” error when I’m trying to start my PC. I’m trying to get into the ‘Automatic Repair Screen’ - I’ve tried hard resetting but it still won’t bring that screen. I’m only able to access the BIOS. Please help me out with this...
  7. Pc starts with BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO, 0xc0000001 and 0xc0000098

Pc starts with BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO, 0xc0000001 and 0xc0000098: Let me first tell you how I got to that point. Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 I was casually playing Minecraft with my brother when a weird error appeared in the console that had something to do with the world backup. From that point on my whole PC locked up increasingly often....
  8. Error blinitializelibrary failed 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error blinitializelibrary failed 0xc0000001: Hi, I have an ASUS AiO V272 model and sometimes, on booting, an error occurs: "blinitializelibrary failed 0xc0000001". It's not the blue screen. The error appears in the top left corner of the screen on a black background. The thing is it can boot normally after I turn off...
  9. operating system starting trouble

operating system starting trouble: a few days ago I changed the default font in my windows 10 to another one and restarted the system for the effect to take place but the system failed to display anything. I have tried many ways to fix it including troubleshooting but none of it helped me to fix it. at last, I...
  10. Your next operating system: Your datacenter

in Windows 10 News
    Your next operating system: Your datacenter: It's time to start thinking about a new operating system layer: your entire datacenter, from networking to compute to storage, it's all one big computer now. With a new Windows release now just around the corner, we're all thinking about desktop and mobile operating...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. After multiple tries the operating system