Windows 10: URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder

Discus and support URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; while trying to hide a file, i have encrypted my entire documents folder, and when trying to decrypt i am greeted with this :i have tried claiming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshuaFredericks, Jun 20, 2021.

1. URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder

while trying to hide a file, i have encrypted my entire documents folder, and when trying to decrypt i am greeted with this :i have tried claiming ownership, granting all permissions etc.i have no encryption certificate.Any help is very welcome! thanks in advance

:)

JoshuaFredericks, Jun 20, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder

Urgent assistance required please - Browse for folder

Okay I don't see any known troublemakers in the shell extensions shown in explorer tab.

URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder [​IMG]

Would suggest checking for updates for the softwares listed and installing updates if available.

Callender, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder

1. URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder - Similar Threads - URGENT accidentally encrypted

2. Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.: I recently added a file to my documents folder that I wanted to encrypt. However, somehow the entire folder now automatically encrypts any new files I create in it. This is NOT what I want, as I want to be able to access those files from a share on my workgroup.However, when...
  3. Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.: I recently added a file to my documents folder that I wanted to encrypt. However, somehow the entire folder now automatically encrypts any new files I create in it. This is NOT what I want, as I want to be able to access those files from a share on my workgroup.However, when...
  4. Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder: I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-desktop-folder-and-documents/9862aa67-ad5c-424f-8f09-e2bafd10fb7e
  6. Accidentally merged my Documents folder and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally merged my Documents folder and Downloads folder: I was trying to move my documents and downloads folder's location into my D drive but I accidentally merged the two folders, how do I undo this? Now whenever I download something, it goes into the documents folder. And when I open the downloads folder, it goes into the...
  7. *URGENT*Directory of Documents folder

*URGENT*Directory of Documents folder: I want to change the directory of Documents folder from 'C:\Users\SHIVRAJ\OneDrive\Documents' to 'C:\Users\SHIVRAJ\Documents' how can I do that, without performing a reset? Note:- I don't have OneDrive on my device anymore....
  8. Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder

Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder: The Downloads folder is showing my D drive and all the data - as is the Documents folder I was trying to transfer all my data from c drive to d drive I need to demerge the two and reset the folders I have seem a previous post where Greg Carmack gave a thread to a Tenforum...
  9. Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder: The Downloads folder is showing my D drive and all the data - as is the Documents folder I was trying to transfer all my data from c drive to d drive I need to demerge the two and reset the folders I have seem a previous post where Greg Carmack gave a thread to a Tenforum...
  10. Accidentally merged User and Documents folders

Accidentally merged User and Documents folders: Hello, I was moving some files around on my hard drive and I accidentally merged my User folder with my Documents folder. So in my C:\User directory instead of seeing C:\Users\MyName I see C:\Users\Documents. Seen below: [ATTACH] I have looked through a few different...