Windows 10: URGENT ASAP - Windows 10 Black screen before log in

Discus and support URGENT ASAP - Windows 10 Black screen before log in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I rebooted my laptop this morning as it was running slow, and upon rebooting it came up to a black screen only showing my cursor before logging in. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesScarbrough1, Apr 14, 2020.

1. URGENT ASAP - Windows 10 Black screen before log in

I rebooted my laptop this morning as it was running slow, and upon rebooting it came up to a black screen only showing my cursor before logging in. I'm obviously unable to login, and Advanced Repair isn't an option as no Windows logo ever appears and only my HP logo I attempted it multiple times anyways, and didn't work at all. Any help would be appreciated

:)

JamesScarbrough1, Apr 14, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, May 25, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, May 25, 2020
  4. Dadicator Win User

URGENT ASAP - Windows 10 Black screen before log in

Laptop or Desktop (Very important) Windows 10 build 14.586 has a very annoying BUG: That causes Black Screen after login:
    To date there is no cure until Microsoft send Update to fix the problem: OK here goes: When you Login and the Screen Goes Black ==>
    Go to your Function Keys for Screen Brightness Chose to Lighten the Screen (This will make the screen Bright) so that you can view it.
    The BUG is that they reversed (via Software) what the Brightness button does -- So it is currently reversed -- "Lighten" makes it Dark -- "Darken" makes it Bright ==> Go figure Microsoft screw the pooch on this one. . . .

This is for LAPTOP -- I have never seen this on Desktops but they are fixed rather than adjustable

Dadicator, May 25, 2020
Thema:

URGENT ASAP - Windows 10 Black screen before log in

1. URGENT ASAP - Windows 10 Black screen before log in - Similar Threads - URGENT ASAP Black

2. Black screen of death ASAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen of death ASAP: I ran sfc /scannow and the DISM command because I got nsis errors when installing and uninstalling and figured my temp was corrupt and both of these commands gave errors cant fix all detected issues please reboot and error 3017 reboot to roll back respectively and and after...
  3. Black screen of death ASAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen of death ASAP: I ran sfc /scannow and the DISM command because I got nsis errors when installing and uninstalling and figured my temp was corrupt and both of these commands gave errors cant fix all detected issues please reboot and error 3017 reboot to roll back respectively and and after...
  4. Windows 10 black screen before log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 black screen before log in: I need help, when i open my laptop new lock screen picture that shows 'windows sign in' then whenever i press any key it turns to black screen. Can someone help me?...
  5. URGENT(?): Black screen after logging in + Audio issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    URGENT(?): Black screen after logging in + Audio issues: Hello, i don't know much about computers at all so stick with me here. My PC has been working like a dream since i got it a few months ago, but in the last few hours I've been having some serious trouble. It all started when i started using my PC after leaving it on during...
  6. Black screen before log in after win 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen before log in after win 10 updates: After win 10 updates yesterdaymay have been interupted cannot log in on Acer Aspire 7535G. This laptop has not been used for a few months but was working before the updates. I have tried turning the on off switch 3 times. I have tried control/alt del also Win+ctrl+shift+b....
  7. Black screen with cursor BEFORE login NEED HELP ASAP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor BEFORE login NEED HELP ASAP: My pc was working fine before I turned it off, when I turned it back on an hr or two later I just got a black screen on startup where I can move my cursor but CANT DO anything else. I’ve tried booting safe mode and rolling back my gfx drivers but it didn’t do anything. I...
  8. Windows 10 Black screen before log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black screen before log in: I rebooted my laptop this morning as it was running slow, and upon rebooting it came up to a black screen only showing my cursor before logging in. I'm obviously unable to login, and Advanced Repair isn't an option as no Windows logo ever appears and only my HP logo I...
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor before logging in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor before logging in: Hi, So i tried to download and install this theme for win10 then after clicking it to apply the theme, the screen flickers to gray, white and black. So i turned it off. Now, when i turned it back on, after the logo, it stays black. I cannot even login anymore. I tried a...
  10. Windows 10 Black Screen Before Log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black Screen Before Log in: Hi Guys, So i do 3D animation and it can be resource heavy and takes up a lot of ram and gpu However a fortnight ago it i got the bluescreen of death It tried restarting Then from there, switching on didnt work, after the Lenovo loading screen it goes black, and the fan...