Windows 10: [URGENT] ASUS Laptop plugged in but not charging

Discus and support [URGENT] ASUS Laptop plugged in but not charging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, As the title says, My ASUS G551JW laptop is not getting charged when I plug-in to the battery. I tried system restore which didn't work as I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vamsinaruto, Sep 11, 2017.

1. [URGENT] ASUS Laptop plugged in but not charging

Hi,
    As the title says, My ASUS G551JW laptop is not getting charged when I plug-in to the battery. I tried system restore which didn't work as I got an error (0x80070091). I have no idea what is wrong with my laptop and I hope it is just a simple fix.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

vamsinaruto, Sep 11, 2017
  2. kwsim539 Win User

Asus Laptop "Plugged in Not Charging" after upgrade

This worked for me, but make sure you unplug your power brick from the wall and plug it back in as well. I own a Asus G75JT.

UPDATE: Started my laptop the next day and now it is saying "not charging" and the tooltip says, "plugged in, not charging". I went to the Asus support site and found this link.

http://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1003960

It seems that the new laptops will not start changing until the unit falls below 95%.

kwsim539, Sep 11, 2017
  3. Asus Laptop "Plugged in Not Charging" after upgrade

Hi,

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing regarding this issue and also for the delay in getting back to you. Do not worry. Let me help you in fixing this issue.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

· Press Windows Key + X.

· Click on Device Manager.

· Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.

· Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to visit Asus website and check whether Asus has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us for any assistance regarding Windows 10.

Sharath Srinivasa, Sep 11, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

[URGENT] ASUS Laptop plugged in but not charging

How old is the ASUS? How long does it run with the AC adapter unplugged? What does the message say on the battery icon in the Notification Area? I have an ASUS X555L that showed no charging until I let the battery get down to 20% then plugged the AC back in and it has worked ever since.

Berton, Sep 11, 2017
  5. Hi @Berton
    Thanks for the reply. It is 2 years old and the message on the battery says plugged in, not charging. I never tried to run laptop with AC adapter unplugged. For now, it shows 1 hour 48 minutes at 78% battery.

6. Steve C Win User
    Check the voltage output from the charger using a voltmeter to check whether your charger is faulty.

Steve C, Sep 11, 2017
  7. Hi @Steve C
    How much should the voltage be? Is there a software where I can check the status of my battery?

8. Steve C Win User

Look at the sticker on the charger transformer / brick. It should state the output voltage. The open circuit voltage shown by the voltmeter should be slightly higher than this.

Windows has a battery meter in the notification area which you may need to enable. There are many battery apps on the Store - just search for battery. You can also run a battery report with this command which dumps a battery report on your desktop

powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html /Duration 10

Also see Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10

Steve C, Sep 11, 2017
  9. Hi @Steve C,
    Here is the battery report from cmd. I noticed that in the report my battery was changed 2 times which I didn't. Also, when I checked now the battery seems to be working but I am still uneasy that it may be repeated again.

10. Steve C Win User
    The battery charging seems OK but your battery only has c. 50% of its original capacity:

DESIGN CAPACITY 56,160 mWh
    FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 29,872 mWh

It may be time to consider a new battery?

Steve C, Sep 11, 2017
  11. Sure. I would change the battery. In the report, I saw battery changed 2 times, do you happen to know what it was about? Also, do I have to take my laptop to a technician ot can I just it by myself and it wouldn't be a problem.

12. Berton Win User
    It depends, usually a Notebook will have a removable battery but some of the newer, thinner, lighter models need to have the whole back/bottom cover of the Notebook removed to get at it, my ASUS X555L does as well as my MacBook Pro.

Berton, Sep 11, 2017
  13. [URGENT] ASUS Laptop plugged in but not charging

From what I understand, it isn't good practice to run a laptop with the battery plugged in all of the time.
    When the battery warning shows up, plug the AC power back in and let it charge back up to 100%.
    It doesn't have to be an exact process every single time but the idea is to let the battery cycle itself for best performance.
    There's also a way to calibrate the battery but I haven't included that process on my laptop.
    I found this article interesting
    Laptop Battery FAQs
    Laptop Battery FAQs

You also found out the battery has been changed 2 times.
    If you purchase a replacement battery, make sure it's the correct one for your laptop.
    Check the battery compartment for the correct description/specifications of what's needed.

MeAndMyComputer, Sep 11, 2017
  14. Wskrs Win User
    Typically when you get the pc is plugged in but not charging indicates a bad power brick. If the bios can not "talk" to the power supply and determine the wattage it will do this. The laptop runs fine but does not charge. I think with the latest BIOS you maybe able to bypass this but usually you have to buy a new power supply.

Wskrs, Sep 11, 2017
  15. My laptop model has a removable battery. Thanks for the help.

vamsinaruto, Sep 12, 2017
Thema:

1. [URGENT] ASUS Laptop plugged in but not charging - Similar Threads - URGENT ASUS Laptop

2. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  3. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  4. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  5. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  6. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My Asus laptop does not charge when i plugged it in.

My Asus laptop does not charge when i plugged it in.: I don't know whether it's my hardware or the Windows OS but I highly doubt it is the Windows OS. Can someone help? This is my battery report. Battery report COMPUTER NAMELAPTOP-JN9HHFU1 SYSTEM PRODUCT NAMEASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. VivoBook S15 X530UN BIOSX530UN.305 05/21/2019...
  8. Laptop plugged in not charging

Laptop plugged in not charging: I have a Acer ES1 512 laptop.Since updating from 1803 to 1809 window 10. There is issues in charging.It is slowly getting worse today at 92% not charging down from 98%.It just wont charge to 100% anymore.Have tried everything even updating drivers and troubleshooting power....
  9. Asus VivoBook s14 (Plugged in, not charging)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus VivoBook s14 (Plugged in, not charging): I bought this Laptop 2 Months ago. Laptop : Asus VivoBook s14 Problem : Plugged in, not charging. Should i bring the shop back, where i the Laptop bought or has someone a solution ? Thanks...
  10. laptop plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop plugged in not charging: laptop plugged in but not charging displayed. What next to get it to charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-plugged-in-not-charging/8a96a914-66f3-47c6-beae-b657b2d146c4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus vivobook not charging