Windows 10: (Urgent) calculator is opening whenever I press a key.

Discus and support (Urgent) calculator is opening whenever I press a key. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I’m having a lot of issues with my MSI laptop, whenever I press any letter on my keyboard it opens the windows calculator? Sounds ridiculous but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scoldinq, Jan 5, 2021.

1. (Urgent) calculator is opening whenever I press a key.

Hi. I’m having a lot of issues with my MSI laptop, whenever I press any letter on my keyboard it opens the windows calculator? Sounds ridiculous but it won’t stop. I’ve tried multiple restarts and scanned for malware with Kasperky. Nothing is working. The only keys that work are space, grave, and some other non important keys.

I have online classes and need this computer to login for them. Not sure what to do! Any help is appreciated (Urgent) calculator is opening whenever I press a key. :)

If anyone wants to see what I’m talking about I can record a video.

submitted by /u/scoldinq
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/scoldinq, Jan 5, 2021

2. Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

I don't how but in Windows 10 Pro Calculator is automatically opening on pressing any random key like sometimes on I or L or ; or volume key. So I decided to forcefully uninstall it via PowerShell but now itsi asking "You'll need an app to open calculator"
    so in short it didn't work.

I tried

1. changing my language and region

2. Readding keyboard layout

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers

But none of thr worked.

Can anyone help me?

Nadeem Siddique, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Calculator Will not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Are you facing this issue with the built in calculator or the calculator app?
    If it is a built in Calculator I would suggest you to check if you can open and check the status.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type calc and hit Enter
      and check the status if its opening.
    I would also suggest you to try creating a new user account
    and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Note:Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 5, 2021
  4. N_1989 Win User

(Urgent) calculator is opening whenever I press a key.

Windows 10 Calculator-pressing "Enter" doesn't give me total

Situation:

• Windows + R -> calc.exe
    • Hit 5+5 keys
    • Hit Enter
    • Menu (or something else) is highlighted, instead of result = 10.

Solutions:

• Switch to the Scientific calculator.
    • Hit Enter twice, each time you open the calculator.
    • press the "=" key.
    Hope this helps (Urgent) calculator is opening whenever I press a key. :).

N_1989, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

(Urgent) calculator is opening whenever I press a key.

1. (Urgent) calculator is opening whenever I press a key. - Similar Threads - Urgent calculator opening

2. why if i press down arrow key in my keyboard it opens calculator Always?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why if i press down arrow key in my keyboard it opens calculator Always?: i Eeven uninstalled calculator still its saying your pc doesnt have an app that you are looking find it in microsoft store. how to fix it or please tell me how to disable the dialogue box please its so annoying....
  3. why if i press down arrow key in my keyboard it opens calculator Always?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why if i press down arrow key in my keyboard it opens calculator Always?: i Eeven uninstalled calculator still its saying your pc doesnt have an app that you are looking find it in microsoft store. how to fix it or please tell me how to disable the dialogue box please its so annoying....
  4. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =": Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =". I have tried troubleshooting but it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alt-key-it-types-2/0174c146-689d-4393-85a0-176cdc955393
  5. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =": Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =". I have tried troubleshooting but it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alt-key-it-types-2/0174c146-689d-4393-85a0-176cdc955393
  6. Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.: Every time I play any game or anytime i am doing my homework on my computer, some keys that I press cause the screen to freeze completely. Hell, honestly i think it freezes the whole pc. the keys could vary as:ShiftCtrlEscBackspace123ive tried deleting things that take up...
  7. When i press the right arrow key the calculator opens up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i press the right arrow key the calculator opens up: Every time i press the right arrow key the calculator pops up, this is what i already tried to fix this problem:I tried a clean boot and it didn't workI did a reset of my keyboard macro functions and it didn't workI tried a quick scan with windows defender and it didn't...
  8. When i press the right arrow key the calculator opens up

When i press the right arrow key the calculator opens up: Every time i press the right arrow key the calculator pops up, this is what i already tried to fix this problem:I tried a clean boot and it didn't workI did a reset of my keyboard macro functions and it didn't workI tried a quick scan with windows defender and it didn't...
  9. Windows ink keeps on opening whenever I press a key on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows ink keeps on opening whenever I press a key on my keyboard: It happened before but I can’t remember how I fixed it submitted by /u/BongFullofcatcum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcpxij/windows_ink_keeps_on_opening_whenever_i_press_a/
  10. Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys: I don't how but in Windows 10 Pro Calculator is automatically opening on pressing any random key like sometimes on I or L or ; or volume key. So I decided to forcefully uninstall it via PowerShell but now itsi asking "You'll need an app to open calculator" so in short it...