Windows 10: URGENT: Can’t boot into PC due to kernel errors & cannot access important data. error...

Discus and support URGENT: Can’t boot into PC due to kernel errors & cannot access important data. error... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Out of the blue, the other day when turning on my computer I got ablue screen with an error message. Below is an exact copy of themessage I get:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SalCalifornia, Mar 27, 2021.

1. URGENT: Can’t boot into PC due to kernel errors & cannot access important data. error...

Out of the blue, the other day when turning on my computer I got ablue screen with an error message. Below is an exact copy of themessage I get:

Recovery

Your PC couldn’tstart properly

The operatingsystem couldn’t be loaded because the kernel is missing or containserrors.

File:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Error code:0xc0000221

You’ll need touse recovery tools. If you don’t have any installation media likea disc or USB device, contact your PC administrator or PC/Devicemanufacturer.

Press Enter totry again

Press F1 to enterRecovery Environment

Press F8 forStartup Settings

Press Esc forUEFI Firmware Settings”

Other people usethis computer so I asked if they had done anything that might causethis issue, but it seems like they’ve all just used the computernormally as we always have. It’s possible an update caused thisissue but no one recalls anything so I can’t be sure. The messagesuggests that I use “recovery tools” but I’m not sure exactlywhat sort of recovery tools it’s referring to. I came acrosssomething called a “recoverydrive” but that seems to only be useful if you’ve set it upbefore you have any issues. All the options it gives me don’t workexcept for Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings, where I can access theASUS UEFI BIOS Utility version 2.16.1240 - 2014 American Megatrendswhich has tons of menus and options. I’m not sure if that’suseful or not but I thought I should mention it.

I’ve read about a“systemrestore” feature which removes recently installed apps,drivers, and updates which may have caused the issue. However I’m alittle bit confused on exactly how I would set that up or if thatwould be useful for my situation.

My mainconcern is that there are extremely important files on the computerthat aren’t backed up anywhere else. I’m notsure what I should use to try and fix the issue or at the very least,allow me to access the important files so I can back them up to anexternal drive and reinstall Windows from there. To makematters worse, it’s a time sensitive issue that I get access tothese files and get the computer up and running again.

Any help isdesperately needed and would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I do have aspare old laptop with Windows 10 and a clean USB, so I am able toinstall whatever is needed on a USB which I could boot into on theaffected computer, I just don’t know exactly what sort of recoverytools I could use.

:)

SalCalifornia, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Julie Ram Win User

kernel data inpage error

Hi Bob,

The Windows 10 error Kernel Data Inpage Error refers to a missing or corrupt page of kernel data in a Windows page file. To help you in resolving this, I'd like to know more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Did you make any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What is the build and version of Windows currently installed? To check,
      Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key
    • Do you any third-party security software installed?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooting steps on this
    link to fix blue screen errors.

Do update us with the results.

Julie Ram, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Windows and ubuntu won't boot due to kernel error

I have an acer laptop(AMD Processor) with dual boot configuration of windows 10 and ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I tried booting windows 10 last night and i got blue screen with kernel security check failure. Till now i have tried restarting multiple times and i got different errors like : ATTEMPTED TO WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Its the same with ubuntu, i get kernel panic not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt on boot.

1. I have tried using different kernel versions for ubuntu, doesn't work.
    2. I tried going into safe mode using F8 key, nothing happens. Ubuntu's
      recovery mode also gives kernel error.
    3. I have done memtest, it passed.
    4. I tried booting Ubuntu 17.10 using USB, it still gives me kernel error.

I haven't done any recent updates in windows or Ubuntu. The most i did was clean install new AMD graphic drives and multiple Vulkan api installs, a week ago.

Do you i have any suggestions what else can i try, or if the problem is most likely the hardware. What should i look into hardware wise?

Abhishek Wadhawan, Mar 27, 2021
  4. adulaamin Win User

URGENT: Can’t boot into PC due to kernel errors & cannot access important data. error...

S.M.A.R.T. Error on boot

OK so I did what TRWOW suggested and it still didn't work. I decided to reflash the BIOS with the HDD with errors unplugged. After flashing it again, I shutdown the PC and plugged the HDD back again and voila, no errors. I shutdown the PC after a few minutes and turned it on again and no more S.M.A.R.T. Errors. Thank you all for the help! *Respect :respect: *Toast :toast:

adulaamin, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

URGENT: Can’t boot into PC due to kernel errors & cannot access important data. error...

1. URGENT: Can’t boot into PC due to kernel errors & cannot access important data. error... - Similar Threads - URGENT Can’t boot

2. Kernel data inpage error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel data inpage error?: Hi everyone, When i play video games such as, "rust" or "dead by daylight" the game works fine, but right as i open google chrome my pc blue screens and says "Kernel data inpage error" I have 2 drives, C and F drive, the f drive randomly disappears on windows file explorer, I...
  3. Cannot access PC due to bluescreen error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access PC due to bluescreen error: The office was being rearranged and my PC was knocked/disconnected during a Windows update. Now the PC will show a blue screen error on start-up.The motherboard also shows an orange light as seen here: https://imgur.com/a/y9jfKq8 middle right of board, I do not know if this...
  4. Cannot access PC due to bluescreen error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access PC due to bluescreen error: The office was being rearranged and my PC was knocked/disconnected during a Windows update. Now the PC will show a blue screen error on start-up.The motherboard also shows an orange light as seen here: https://imgur.com/a/y9jfKq8 middle right of board, I do not know if this...
  5. Cannot access PC due to bluescreen error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Can’t log in due to error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log in due to error: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after a few days I received a message while booting into Windows saying “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in” “User profile cannot be loaded” so I hit ok and I thought it was done so I continued normal usage for a few days...
  7. Can’t log in due to error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t log in due to error: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after a few days I received a message while booting into Windows saying “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in” “User profile cannot be loaded” so I hit ok and I thought it was done so I continued normal usage for a few days...
  8. Urgent: Boot Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Urgent: Boot Error: Hi, Just today, My only operating system windows 10's boot got corrupted, What happened exactly that I was moving some drives places for an unallocated spcae to be near the C drive, It was ready for a restart and then my PC overheated... And as I expected that the PC system...
  9. Kernel Data Inpage Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Data Inpage Error: I have the error mesage Kernel inpage data error on my pc. I have followed tutorials but none have worked. This error also makes my pc much slower and only allows me to login on safe mode. When i try to login on normal mode i press space on my lock screen and no bar appears...
  10. Cannot import error accessing the registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot import error accessing the registry: Yes i'll do backup asap and Big thanks for your help *Smile You're welcome! *Smile