Windows 10: Urgent: Changes in applicationframehost.exe

Discus and support Urgent: Changes in applicationframehost.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just installed Microsoft Visual Studio enterprise 2019 and i created a simple C++ code with windows consol application, and then i went to the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 3Dot., Jan 23, 2021.

1. 3Dot. Win User

Urgent: Changes in applicationframehost.exe

I just installed Microsoft Visual Studio enterprise 2019 and i created a simple C++ code with windows consol application, and then i went to the files and opened the cpp file and then i accidently "attached" it with applicationframehost.exe 10.0.1836.1 and now the touch pad on my laptop is not working properly so i have to use a mouse and CPU usage started increasing and then i tried this:
    1-system restorehelped a bit but didn't solve the problem
    2-sfc/ no problem found
    so now i don't know what to do.
    Is there a way to undo what i did or restore a previous version or something else?

My code:
    #include<iostream>
    using namespace std;

int main
    {
    cout<<"3DotInatalled"<<endl;

return 0;
    }

:)

3Dot., Jan 23, 2021

2. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Urgent assistance required please - Browse for folder

Okay I don't see any known troublemakers in the shell extensions shown in explorer tab.

Urgent: Changes in applicationframehost.exe [​IMG]

Would suggest checking for updates for the softwares listed and installing updates if available.

Callender, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Urgent: Changes in applicationframehost.exe - Similar Threads - Urgent Changes applicationframehost

2. *.exe icons changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  3. *.exe icons changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  4. urgent! exe not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    urgent! exe not opening: my exe file any any app not openingand showing find new app to open .exe filei by mistake deleted some registery under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWAREComputer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWAREi have deleted lasses key andoem and many software file that i have uninstalled please...
  5. ApplicationFrameHost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ApplicationFrameHost: I keep getting the message Windows cannot find C\WINDOWS\System32\ApplicationFrameHost.exe Make sure you typed the name correctly then try again. I cannot seem to get rid of this. I have run all cmd DISM and scannow and ChkDisk with no errors the ApplicationFrameHost.exe is...
  6. Microsoft game turned into applicationframehost/universal app

Microsoft game turned into applicationframehost/universal app: Hello, I'm having problem with one of the games downloaded from microsoft. Just a few months ago it turned into an applicationframehost. I tried uninstalling then installed it again, but to no avail, it's just the same. Is there any way to turn it into the game's name again...
  7. I need URGENT help "reseting" an EXE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need URGENT help "reseting" an EXE: Hello, Im using a program called "Reset Canon ST4905" to reset my printer. The problem is that i introduced a wrong number in the ID for accident, and now i can't go back, if i close it and open it, it stays in the menu after i introduced an ID. It's not an installed program,...
  8. How to change an .exe icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change an .exe icon?: I have a program with no icon and it's been bugging me and want to change it's icon to my own. Is there any way to do this? submitted by /u/Got69TypesOfMalware [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4w67g/how_to_change_an_exe_icon/
  9. Changing EXE Icons not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing EXE Icons not working: So in a nutshell what I am trying to do is change the icon of an executable, sounds simple right? Here is what I have done: 1) Open the EXE in Resource Hacker 2) Replace the Icon with the Icon I want. My icon has all the sizes including the mini task bar/frame icon....
  10. Change icon for .exe

Change icon for .exe: I am using Windows 10 Home 64 and want to change the .exe icon for a program I have. If I go to properties there is no way to do this so how is this done in Windows 10 without creating a shortcut or another program? I used to be able to do this before Windows 10. Also there...