Windows 10: [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself

Discus and support [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; this is a critical response when I open Command Prompt and Powershell it automatically closes itself i need help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SkintTag8926074, Aug 13, 2022.

1. [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself

this is a critical response when I open Command Prompt and Powershell it automatically closes itself i need help

:)

SkintTag8926074, Aug 13, 2022
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 13, 2022
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 13, 2022
  4. [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself

automatically close out the command prompt window

Hello,

I managed to create an Elevated cmd thing for my HideDropbox.bat file and got it to run at startup. It works fine, but it doesn't automatically close out the command prompt window when it's done applying the changes. Is there a way to make it do so. And if not, is there a way to make it run in the background so I won't have to keep manually closing the command prompt window?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this in tbh. I asked here because it deals with a HideDropbox.bat file that I managed to get to run at startup via an Elevated Command Prompt window.

JoshuaVL1988, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

[urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself

1. [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself - Similar Threads - urgent Command Prompt

2. Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot: The last 3 times I've rebooted, I notice that the first thing to run is CMD.exe open window and if I do not immediately stop it, it launches I suspect command prompt lauches it PowerShell which runs a script open window and they both will close.I also suspect this is a virus...
  3. Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot: The last 3 times I've rebooted, I notice that the first thing to run is CMD.exe open window and if I do not immediately stop it, it launches I suspect command prompt lauches it PowerShell which runs a script open window and they both will close.I also suspect this is a virus...
  4. Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself

[urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself: this is a critical response when I open Command Prompt and Powershell it automatically closes itself i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urgent-command-prompt-and-powershell-automatically/28fb053f-83f0-4ece-bd6c-72786901d264
  6. [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [urgent] Command Prompt and Powershell automatically closes itself: this is a critical response when I open Command Prompt and Powershell it automatically closes itself i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urgent-command-prompt-and-powershell-automatically/28fb053f-83f0-4ece-bd6c-72786901d264
  7. Powershell or Command prompt !

Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  8. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  9. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Command Prompt closing by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt closing by itself: While i try to access Command Prompt, it opens in full sice for less than half of a second, then chages into very small size (viz. picture) near upper left corner of a screen and after cca half a second closes completly. picture I also noticed the command prompt appears for...