Windows 10: URGENT Computer hacked and I'm locked out. What to do? ERROR # 268d3x8938(3)

Discus and support URGENT Computer hacked and I'm locked out. What to do? ERROR # 268d3x8938(3) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Computer hacked and I'm locked out. What to do? ERROR # 268d3x8938(3) I'm writing from another computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fernab, Oct 10, 2018.

1. fernab Win User

URGENT Computer hacked and I'm locked out. What to do? ERROR # 268d3x8938(3)

Computer hacked and I'm locked out. What to do? ERROR # 268d3x8938(3)

I'm writing from another computer

:)

fernab, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Laronge Win User

Hacked computer

My computer was hacked and I lost my admin rights. I tried doing a recovery, but that failed. Incomplete. Can't get to lock screen anymore

Any suggestions?

Laronge, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 13, 2018
  4. sookie(2) Win User

Password / security code Limbo .... Hacked by M$ ??

Received "you've probably been hacked" warning [ostensibly] from M$

After numerous repeats of warning & after receiving/applying "security code" - I reset my Password

Attempted to review Recent Activity & find I am now
    Locked Out - neither new nor old Password works & "security code" received FAILS!?!

Thus I'm reminded (repeatedly) of M$ overarching philosophy: "No good deed goes unpunished!"

Now, to waste another hour+ of my life accessing/updating all the text files, devices, password managers and cloud files where I had painstakingly noted [now defunct] M$ Password!

Presumably next is dance class, to learn the "authentication two-step" ...... ARGGGGGH!

------------------------ Update -----------------------

Yup, apparently I have been hacked by M$ ....

Changed Password, per M$ "security alert", and now am receiving this ever-so-helpful email "Out-of-Date Account Notification:

"The most common cause of an out-of-date account is an incorrect password. Select Fix account in
    the notification bar at the top of the Mail or Calendar app. If your password is incorrect, you'll see a message asking you to update your password ..."

Again ... "No good deed goes unpunished!"

sookie(2), Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. URGENT Computer hacked and I'm locked out. What to do? ERROR # 268d3x8938(3) - Similar Threads - URGENT Computer hacked

2. What can I do to log into a computer if I'm locked out and I can't reset it?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What can I do to log into a computer if I'm locked out and I can't reset it?: Hi, I was recovering an old PC I forgot the password to a while ago and I tried to reset it so I could reuse it. Problem is, in the middle of resetting, the power was cut off and now I can't reset anymore because I don't have the password to any of the accounts in it. What...
  3. What can I do to log into a computer if I'm locked out and I can't reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do to log into a computer if I'm locked out and I can't reset it?: Hi, I was recovering an old PC I forgot the password to a while ago and I tried to reset it so I could reuse it. Problem is, in the middle of resetting, the power was cut off and now I can't reset anymore because I don't have the password to any of the accounts in it. What...
  4. What can I do to log into a computer if I'm locked out and I can't reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. *URGENT* Locked Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    *URGENT* Locked Out: Hi I'm locked out of my school computer that I am going to need in about 2 weeks time. I was told one day by Microsoft that something was happening with one of my devices and to lock that account. I did under the understanding that if there was no problem it would be an easy...
  6. Lock out of Outlook urgent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lock out of Outlook urgent: Hello OUTLOOK password entered was invalid so I am now locked out. I have an urgent email delivery to send . need some help. I have logged into my Microsoft Account. Regards Dave Huculak...
  7. I'm locked out of my computer . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm locked out of my computer . . .: II was removing the password from the login, lock screen. I went into the Bios, during the process. Andd I somehow deleted my account. Stupid of me! Now, I'm locked out of my computer. When, I put in my password, it says, try again. To reset my password, it says I need a...
  8. I'm locked out . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm locked out . . .: I was removing the password from the login,lock screen. But, during the process, I somehow deleted my account. Stupid of me!Now, I'm locked out of my computer. When, I put in my password, it says, try again. To reset my password, it says I need a DVD drive. But, it's a Dell....
  9. URGENT Hacked computer and phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URGENT Hacked computer and phone: Hello, Im having a serious problem and I need help. I received a phone call from scammers, they had access to my desktop, they run some command in (win+R) console. At the moment they tried to access my bank account and somehow suggested language is from Indonesia. I...
  10. I'm locked out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm locked out!: Like an idiot I set the power on password for my HP 15-f305dx laptop (Win 10) and forgot to write down or remember the password. I've tried taking out the cmos battery for twenty minutes (no AC or battery either) and all that happens is the screen comes up and says the cmos...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer locked me out what do i do

2. computer hacked screen locked

3. hp laptop is hacked and not letting me do anythi